We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easyjet hand luggage

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
easyjet hand luggage

So as im aware easyjet changed their hand luggage size. All my hand luggage bags I owe are the standard 54cm x 36 etc whatever the measurements are. What will happen if my hand luggage is that size? Because im not wasting money on new hand luggaes when I got plenty at home.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easyjet hand luggage

Nothing really it will still be ok but if its a full flight & there's to many bags it gets put in hold no extra charge.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easyjet hand luggage

As Hazel says the worse that can happen is they insist your bag goes in the hold when you get to the gate.

Last time we flew with them they asked at the gate for volunteers willing to have their hand luggage placed in the hold (no charge). Some people did volunteer. Next time we will have a small bag inside containing our absolute essentials (you know - custard creams, Kindle, that sort of thing) ready to whisk out just in case.

I believe the size they guarantee will make it into the cabin is 50 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. We don't intend buying yet more bags at the moment and will take our chances.

norfolk
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easyjet hand luggage

We came back on Tuesday and as far as I was aware nobody had to put hand luggage in the hold, they were quite strict about sizes and only having one bag.

Interestingly there was an item on the radio as we were driving home and as far as I can remember the Easyjet representative said that if the flight was full and if everybody had the maximum size of hand luggage there would be 8 bags that would need to go into the hold.

Jean.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easyjet hand luggage

That's not bad odds Jean. Oh, and thanks for bringing the sun. BRgds Tony

norfolk
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easyjet hand luggage

I did my best x

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easyjet hand luggage

Thank you guys! Appriciate it :)

7. Re: easyjet hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm