We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
557 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Hi Guys. Just back from a 12 night stay in Beni. Flights with easyjet, transfers with David and 12 nights in my second home, Hotel Fetiche! All 100%, as always. Weather fabulous, but a real increase in the temperature the last 3 days to around 34 degrees, which was hard work! Thank god for the great air con in the Fetiche! To be honest, I have never seen Beni as busy (Old Town/Poniente) and the atmosphere was great. Walked up to end of Poniente Promenade every day to sunbathe. Much quieter and the sea is also much cleaner than Levante Beach, where I would normally have gone. Also found a lovely Spanish bar to call in for a drink to have a break from the sun. Lovely family and very welcoming. Went to several restaurants and the meals were all fab, my favourite being Amigos and Sherrys for my Sunday roast dinner. Tried a few different bars this time and loved the San Remo Cocktail. It was here that I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Margaurite of the forum and her hubby. Such a lovely couple and what a great laugh we all had! So thank you Margaurite for your lovely company. I enjoyed every minute. Went to the outdoor market, which I always enjoy. Great atmosphere and, as usual, bought auld nonsense lol! Didn't see any trouble etc. passed the pea men near the market, but just walked on by. Overall, probably the best holiday I have had in Benidorm and, although I said I wasn't returning in September (due to work commitments,) I think it would be rude not too! Lol!

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Wonderful review Minimania, sounds like you had a fantastic time and the Fetiche is clearly a lovely little hotel.

Can't beat buying some 'auld nonsense' in the outdoor market, it gets me every time! Lol

So glad you met up with Margaurite and her hubby, I look forward to meeting them too one of these days in Benidorm and she said how much she'd thoroughly enjoyed your company.

Roll on Sept!

Jules

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Hi Minimania,

What a lovely Trip Report. Hope all that auld nonsense fitted in the case OK..Lol So glad the weather stayed nice. Can't of been easy in that heat, feeling like you were being cooked on gas mark 8, but them nice cold Lagers soon cool you down. Hubby and i throughly enjoyed yours and Carolanns company and hope we get to do it all again one day. The pleasure was ours!

Margaurite xx

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

It was nice to read a nice report about having a nice time and nice people meeting nice people..if u know what I mean...Linda.

Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Great report Minimania. You sound like you had a fab time :)

I really fancy a stay in old town on our next adults only trip just for a change.

Thank you for posting.

Alison :)

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

What a great upbeat report,nice to see TA members meeting up and having such good times,can someone please point me in the right direction for Hotel Fetiche ?

Belfast
Level Contributor
557 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Thanks guys for all your lovely comments.

@gazboy - the Fetiche is 2 mins from tapas alley (when you walk through tapas alley at the Queens Hotel end turn right and walk straight on passed avanti pizzeria - the Fetiche is on your left) or if you are on the walking street it is the street opposite the ale hop shop. Cheers!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

That's a lovely report Minimania, seem to be getting some conflicting opinions back about how busy Beni is at the moment, some are saying its quieter than last year, others saying its busier. Guess it all depends on where you venture once there.

Best regards - Taggy

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

Minimania thank you for that,I know exactly where you mean I often wondered what that hotel would be like being slap bang in the middle of the old town,once again thank you for the reply and great holiday report.

9. Re: Absolutely fantastic holiday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm