We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

I know, I know.... what the heck am I doing at a hotel in the town where I live!

Well, my wife is 40 tomorrow and for my 40th I had a week at the Sandos Papagayo in Lanzarote, so I asked my wife where we should go for her birthday. I offered her Venice or Ibiza but she wanted a nice all inclusive where she could just lie in the sun. She choose the Sandos in Benidorm.

Anyway, the private transfer was excellent and only took 12 minutes (I drove us from our house.......), check in was swift and we were soon in our room.

The hotel is very stylish and the room is huge. There are 2 double beds and a big bathroom. The hotel is actually surprisingly small. The pool isn't massive and the sun area gets cramped but because it is adults only there is a calm & relaxed atmosphere.

The quality of the drinks is very good, Cruzcampo on tap (which I don't normally like) and even the wine is decent. They do a really nice champagne sangria in the afternoon.

The spa is fabulous and they have special offers on massage and spa circuits. For example because we are Sandos4u members my wife had a 25 min massage and we both had 2 hours in the spa for €40.

Staff are great too!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Nice one David :) Glad you're both having a good time.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,227 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

That's the kind of holiday I want, one where I can nip home when I get fed up or want to fetch something I've forgotten! Lol

Sounds great David, glad you can recommend the transfer guy and Happy 40th to the missus! (Plenty of After Eights?) lol

We are still looking for a hotel for next March and had considered the SM but didn't want A/I. Might be worth another look. Enjoy!

Jules

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Great stuff best wishes to Andrea ..See you soon ..mazza

Liverpool
Level Contributor
797 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Glad you are having a great time David! We always go to the SM but were thinking of trying the one in Lanzarote - would you recommend it?

5. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 18:05
Leeds
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Glad you are having a good time David. Happy Birthday to Andrea for tomorrow :)

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,227 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Sorry to bombard you with questions David but just looking at the SM for possible booking. Do you think it's worth paying the extra there for the 'Select' upgrade? Just wondering if the rooms are any better or it's just the optional extras and branded drinks you get?

Jules

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,332 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Sounds lovely and very riomantic have a great time cheers mike and sue xx

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Sounds lovely Dave. & nice & close to home too. Enjoy & enjoy the Party tomorrow too. Especially the live entertainment .!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live trip report from the Sandos Monaco

Glad you are having a lovely time Dave ive been following your posts on FB, it looks smashing, hope the passenger doesn't give you to much aggro on the way back after all that sangria! Lol!

Hope Andrea has a great party tomorrow & as Hazel has mentioned your in safe hands as far as the entertainment goes! Pity I miss it, am over on Sun!

Best regards - Taggy

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm