We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question about thr Free Trips?

msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
A question about thr Free Trips?

A Question about the Free Trips?

What are exactly those Free Trips that the Round Town Travel are offering from Benidorm,as seen one can see in their website. In my opinion no one can gives anything for free ... Is this a gimmick please ?

Mentioned in this post
Round Town Travel
Round Town Travel
184 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

I was just looking at these and wondering the same thing. We wanted to go on a trip to Valencia and Alicante. How's its free, I'm not sure...

Mentioned in this post
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

They have had these free trips for years here :-)

The only catch is that you have to sit through a Sales Pitch for whatever like blankets bedding etc

You are not forced to buy anything though lol

Many people use it as a free opportunity to visit surrounding places of interest !!

msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

How a Turist can buy Blankets Bedding Etc more and more when one will be traveling with just hand luggage.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

Quite a few long-stay holidaymakers use these free trips regular during the winter months. No pressure to buy but the sales pitch can last about an hour. As BeniBen says some use them as a way of seeing other resorts and surrounding countryside.

Edit: The blankets are delivered to your home.

Edited: 10 August 2013, 18:23
rochdale
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

The blankets or whatever that you buy are delivered to your home address.

Some have said that what you get is not necessarily the same quality as you are shown.

If you don't buy its free, don't take much cash or your credit card and you are fine.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

You gave me a chuckle there Anthony as I imagined you struggling through Customs with a king size duvet!

Yes they deliver them and even sell high priced mattresses though I'm not sure if there's import duty involved.

Not sure why they think anyone wants to go on holiday to buy bedding really but I've heard some of the trips can be a pleasant day out. I've only been on a 'leather coat' one in Palma which was pretty good.

If you're there only 5 days, I wouldn't waste your time on this to be honest.

Jules

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

Yes, we had a nice day out earlier on in the year. Sat through a blanket presentation which wasn't to bad and did not feel pressured to buy at any point.

msida-malta
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

I agree with you Jules when one be on a short holiday every second is so important for him ... Cant waist a minute ...

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,121 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

Anthony ,

I have been on lots of these trips including one in Malta ( that gave us a nice tour of the Three Cities )

There used to be a couple of companies doing these trips and the best known was a company called PAL.

From what I believe they are reliable and honest and their matresses are of good quality and are correctly delivered to your home in UK and you pay nothing until they arrive.

Sitting through the sales pitch isn`t too bad , a bit boring if you are not wanting to buy , but the rest of the trip is very enjoyable.

As the trip is free it has to be paid for by someone and obviously the profits from the odd person who buys pays for the trip.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,887 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A question about thr Free Trips?

They used to sometimes stop at a chocolate or wine tasting place. Not sure if they still do this.

Graham, Malta some of the people in my hotel were taken to Gozo. Said it was a lovely day out, could have been timeshare.

Edited: 10 August 2013, 20:24
Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm