We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broken ankle!

devon
Level Contributor
129 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Broken ankle!

Oh dear-hubs broke his ankle last night! Due to fly 24th....checked easyjet website and as below ankle no probs there.my concern is (as well as my poor hubs) is our stay at magic monika....is it a manageable hotel on crutches.do you think it's worth an email getting a lower floor,distance to restaurant? Any tips? Ppl been in hol with a broken ankle in plaster? Do I need to inform insurance ...I expect I do!

Thanks

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broken ankle!

First of all, I'm so sorry about your husbands accident but I'm sure you can still go on holiday!

You WILL need to inform your insurance company as soon as possible though. Next thing to do is contact your airline for wheelchair assistance. Do it at least 72 hours before you are due to travel. Once in Benidorm you can hire a mobility scooter for your husband getting about in. I'm no expert on Benidorm but having a disabled husband means I do have to be savvy about certain aspects of it. Any more questions just ask.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broken ankle!

Hi,so sorry to hear,but yes still should be able to enjoy your hols,LaCala,is lovely,I have stayed there loads of times,so do ask the hotel to order your hubby a scooter to get around,the bay and bars around are lovely,so don't miss out on getting out and about...Linda.

devon
Level Contributor
129 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broken ankle!

Thank you both that sounds like great advice I will contact insurance as soon as I pick him up from hospital so I know the score..oh my a scooter...that is worth it for the laughs he will be mortified lol

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broken ankle!

Tell your hubby not to worry about hiring a scooter. They are very much the *in* thing at the moment. You have two main companies, Amiga24 and Easyhire. Both will deliver to your hotel. Average cost is about 60 euros per week. I'm hiring one again next month for our holiday on the 24th of next month :)

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broken ankle!

you feel left out if you don't have a scooter in Benidorm

devon
Level Contributor
129 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broken ankle!

Fair point lol and thanks for company names :)

Brighton
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Broken ankle!

Just a thought ,I came home last week on crutches after an accident, and I had to get a "Fit to Fly" letter from the hospital for the airline and my insurance company, might with worth checking out before you get to the airport and they ask for it before they allow you to fly

lancashire
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broken ankle!

im fairly positive you need a fit to fly , i needed one coming home from benidorm when i fell over my suitcase and broke my wrist , i also could only have a back cast as the cabin pressure makes it swell up

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Broken ankle!

I agree, your hubby in all probability will need a *fit to fly* from his doctor to show check-in or you could be denied boarding. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Broken ankle!

you've a few obstacles to cross but it will be worth it once you get there.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm