We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

change / cancel

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
671 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
change / cancel

I asked this on another area.

My mother in law is in hospital with a pulmonary embolism we think, she got rushed in on Sunday, but we still don't know how serious this is.

My wife and I are due to fly Saturday early evening, I'm wondering what the state of play would be should we require to cancel or change a passenger?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: change / cancel

You should be covered on your holiday insurance. Best to give them a ring and ask.

Sorry to hear your news. Hope all goes well and she is soon better.

2. Re: change / cancel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:17
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: change / cancel

Hi Doo407,

Sorry to hear about your mother in law.The first thing i would do is speak with the doctor, and find out the exact diagnosis if possible. Since your mother in law only went in Sunday, they may still be waiting on test results etc.As jenny as said, hopeful your covered on insurance. If you are considering someone else take your places, you will need to find out ASAP if you can do a name change. TCs vary with agents! The cost will depend on who you booked the holiday with, and whether package or DIY. If Diy, you will need to name change flight/hotel. Usually easier with a package. Who have you booked with?

Good Luck! Hope you hear some good news soon!

Margaurite

Edited: 20 August 2013, 22:23
Scotland
Level Contributor
671 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: change / cancel

Thanks for the replies, we booked flight and hotel and transfers with travel republic, we are flying with Ryanair.

We booked the insurance separate.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: change / cancel

Def worth checking your insurance because some of the cheaper policies don't cover cancellation due to illness of people not travelling with you!

Best Regards - Taggy

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: change / cancel

If you booked your flights direct with Ryanair, you need to read through all their terms and conditions. I don't think you will get much back from a low cost cheap flight.

If flights were booked through Travel Republic, were these flights classed and sold as a package holiday arranged by them for you. You need to phone TR.

Hotel: If hotel was booked through Travel Republic and was a "Flexible deal" they may be able to change the dates of your accommodation to a later date, or you may be able to claim some part of the cost of the accommodation from your insurance. You have to pone both your insurance and TR.

Got to do the sums and find out which is best for you, your wife and family.

Sorry for your troubles and hope all works out well for you.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: change / cancel

Hi doo407,

Heres a link to TR. I would ring them and explain. They maybe able to change your booking to a letter date! If thats what you'd prefer. It will depend on TCs attached to your booking. If possible do this today. I have done this before with TR.

www.travelrepublic.co.uk/faq/FAQList.aspx…

Margaurite

Edited: 21 August 2013, 09:26
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: change / cancel

Jenny was writing the same time,in between phone call.

ryanair.com/en/questions/pre-flight-changes

Margaurite

Edited: 21 August 2013, 09:31
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: change / cancel

Ryanair

Flight Change Fees - Per Passenger/Per One Way Flight

Flight Change Fee - Low Season* €30 / £30 €45 / £45

Flight Change Fee - High Season* €40 / £40 €60 / £60

Flight Change Fee - Low Season* - Selected Flights** €50 / £50 €75 / £75

Flight Change Fee - High Season* - Selected Flights** €60 / £60 €90 / £90

Name Change Fee - Per Passenger €110 / £110 €160 / £160

Flight Uncheck Fee: Per Passenger/ Per One Way Flight Not Available Online €15 / £15 via call centre only

Government Tax Refund Administration Fee - Per Passenger Not Available Online €20 / £17

Booking Fee: applies to ALL reservations made at airports/call centres

* Low Season - From 05/01/13 - To 31/05/13

From 01/10/13 - To 20/12/13

High Season - From 01/06/13 - To 30/09/13

From 21/12/13 - To 04/01/14

** Higher flight change fees apply on all flights on the following routes: International Canary Islands (excl Spanish domestic) and all international Greek routes.

Scotland
Level Contributor
671 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: change / cancel

Thanks for all your help and replies, hoping she is on the road to recovery, fingers crossed

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm