We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Me again hope members don't mind me starting a new thread about this

Look at the Sol Pelicanos but it was over budget now just looked on jet2 and its coming up on there site as a good price think we might of found our hotel

Has it not long been a A/I ? which hotel is best to request if possible the Sol Pelicanos or Sol Osas or are they both the same ?

Has the family or premium room got a balcony ?

Just read a review about the bars around the hotel saying people outside in the evenings trying to get you in there bars didn't like this about turkey when we went, Are these people really pushy to get you to go in or does just a friendly no work ?

Is there many stag and hens that used this hotel ?

Thank you all very much for your excellent help x

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,373 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

No problem at all about starting new threads Molly, fire away!

Not totally sure when Pelicanos started offering A/I but seems a couple of years. It's had good reviews for A/I this year and for good food and snacks. Generally people on A/I seem to be allocated the Ocas and many of the rooms have been refurbished to a nice standard. The only rooms that don't have balconies are the family rooms in the Ocas (overlooking the indoor market). Double/triple and superior rooms have balconies but make sure you stipulate that if it's important to you. You're usually allocated on arrival I understand but they're attached with pools in the centre.

Pools are some of the best in the resort and the hotel is central without being in the thick of the entertainment area. It's not at all like Turkey will people pestering you into bars and restaurants. They'll offer you flyers and tell you what's on but it's totally different (I hated that too in Turkey).

Not sure when you're planning on going but stags and hens do use this hotel at certain times of the year (and many others) but its not been the major problem that some hotels report. Sure you'll enjoy it.

Jules

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Jet2. They did have an offer if holiday is booked via/through Quidco a cash back of £30 per family.

Find the holiday and flights which suit you, but only go to Jet2 package holidays via Quidco, without breaking the Quidco link or losing the voucher. Have to join Quidco first.

Some of the larger family rooms in the Ocas don't have balconies. High season A/Inc is in both Pelicanos and Ocas, all depending on how many people choose to book A/Inc.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

If you book with jet2 over the phone tell her you want the offer SAVE 50 once they have given you the total price ...you will get 50 pounds of total price at the end ..mazza

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Hi Mazza, You can tag this offer onto the Quidco offer, but I thought that offer might have finished by now. Gives a saving of £80 altogether.

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Thank you so very much Jules for your detailed information

Booking with jet 2 on a A/I basis It is cheap with jet2 to upgrade to a family room but like to have a balcony

That's fine then if its not like turkey, You don't mind flyers to let you know whats on where

Going in the six weeks hols next year

what good bars for family are around the hotel ?

Heard there is a bob marley tribute act in Benidorm does anyone know if there is ?

Heard about a English square is this near the hotel ? We are not heavy drinkers but like to venture out the hotel in the evenings, We have a teenager with us like lively places but not like club 18-30s scene if you know what I mean and heard the square is a bit like this ?

Really looking forward now to our first Benidorm holiday ( we have a long wait though lol )

Thanks again for all your excellent help & advice x

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Please be aware before you book. I have know people being told they would have a balcony but they have not been allocated a balcony room.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Jeny I thought it had finished 5th aug but a got e mail on fri it must be back on ..mazza

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Hi Mazza. Still waiting for the reply about the discount for singles from Jet2. Wonder if the new offer is just for 2 people again. Old offer was a bit unfair, even if a single were to pay a £1000.00 or more for a holiday, they did not receive any of that £50 discount.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Mazza,

Is this the one you mean?

Exclusive 10% OFF must end soon!

We recently sent you a terrific 10% OFF exclusively for myJet2 members. Well, this is your final call to get a whopping discount on ALL return flights! All good things must come to an end, so your 10% discount is only valid until midnight 28th August 2013. Hurry – visit Jet2.com today and enter MYJET210 at the payment page to make sure you get this great offer before it takes off!

PS. Our offer for Jet2holidays also ends at midnight 28th August 2013 - Hurry!

Only for holidays between these dates.

JET2 Holidays 2014. Valid 01/04/2014 & 20/11/2014 £50.00 off. Code, MYJET250

Margaurite

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Pelicanos / Sol Osas ?

Just got a email back from the hotel they said they have low floors family room which we wanted but they have none with a balcony, Was going to go for the superior room but cant see much different between them and the standard rooms to be honest