We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooters

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
663 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Scooters

Costa News

AN AVALANCHE of complaints regarding the misuse of mobility scooters in Benidorm has led the council to plan tougher fines and bylaws and hotels to restrict their use.

Benidorm council is working on plans to amend its mobility bylaws and set up a register of mobility scooters.

The modification to the bylaw will include new fines for the improper use of the scooters on the public highway especially if they are not being used to transport disabled or elderly people.

The move has come after an avalanche of complaints about drunken tourists hiring the scooters to race between bars.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooters

I have noticed this the last couple of visits, Also seen young fit people using them to get about the resort.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooters

Oh, really? Sorry to disagree but a group of four teenagers whizzed past hubby and I at the zebra crossing at the Sol Pelicanos yesterday and gave him the fingers because he had a Scotland t shirt on. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of them! Disgusting behaviour as well.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,966 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scooters

Shezza. I don't understand who are you disagreeing with? Could be a case of too much sun.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scooters

Sorry Jeny, I could have phrased that better. These proposals have been getting bandied about for the past couple of years now but nothing seems to change. Perfectly fit yobbos are still being allowed to hire the scooters in groups and cause havoc. I actually thought I had read that one of the scooter companies were refusing to rent out to groups. They weren't even politely going about doing what they were doing but giving a V sign and blowing raspberries to my husband who hadn't done anything wrong

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scooters

We got back yesterday after a week at the Dalmatas, from the balcony saw two lads crossing the central reservation on Ave Meditteraneo on their obviously not needed scooters.

This, and other previous posts, only backs up the point I was trying to make a few months back.

Pat B.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scooters

Amigo 24 have a sign in the window saying that they do not hire out o young people.... However, I would assume if they were obviously in need then they would, just a way of trying to discourage the stag and hens I think.

suffolk england
Level Contributor
380 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Scooters

they can have my dissability if they want a scooter how about rhat then

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scooters

It's a business at the end of the day, why should the businesses suffer ??

It's down to the individual as to how they behave, i am sure if they behave like that on a scooter they would behave like that in every day life as it is... no good chastising or punishing the business, they're simply trying to make a living!

Most of the are out just having fun anyway, jeesh, it seems like some people have never had fun or a laugh in their lives!!

If the authorities want to clamp down on someone then it should be the person/s in charge of the scooter at the time of any offence - simples!!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scooters

its the program Benidorm that started this idea , when Madge has one because has she says shes on holiday , I bet before this program started it didn't happen as much

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scooters

Flamenco,why do they need to have a disability scooter to have fun,they could hire a moped for that and stick to the roads,instead of disability scooter on pavement knocking into people,knocking people over,etc,no everyone knows how to have fun,most do it sensibley,unlike these on the scooters who get themselves so drunk they do damage to other people and property on them,at the end of the day hence the name disability scooter,in other words they are meant to be for the use of people with some form of disability not for fully able idiots to race between pubs when they are drunk,unless of course the stupidty of these people can be classed as a disability,i think not.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm