We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Hubby and I had just been passing The Flash and had thought about there for next year. We were going to pop in and have a look and i was a bit surprised! Apparently, they don't allow mobility scooters inside, even at the outside bar part. Hubby was refused entrance, so it was a bit embarrassing :(

The actual inside of the hotel I can understand but the outside part? One hotel to cross off our list then!

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Not so flash after all then Shezza?

They'd be prosecuted in this country for that! Hope the Nereo is living up to expectations for you.

Jules

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

really surprised at that, when we stayed there last year there were a few guests in wheelchairs. Also wheelchair access in all parts or the hotel.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

At least they treat hubby like a human being Jules! We had only wanted to sit down, have a coffee and sound the place out. Where Billy had put his scooter wasn't even inside. They've just lost potential clients for next year. Plenty of other hotels will accommodate him. He was pretty embarrassed too :(

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Hubby doesn't use a wheelchair valanddon and prefers a scooter to get about!

I've actually just e mailed the Flash asking for clarification on what their policy is.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 11:50
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

I think the manager will be pretty embarrassed too when he realises their poor treatment on this occasion has been publicised! Wasn't because you were non residents Shezza? Not that anything excuses rudeness or discrimination however.

Jules

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Very possibly that was the reason Jules! I didn't say we were thinking of booking with them but everyone should be treated the same way!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

how embarasing for you both they should be prosicuted never the less hope you enjoy the rest of your holls its their loss

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,525 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Maybe it was because scooters break the new tiled floors. I don't think they can stop you parking a scooter on the pavement. Saw a few parked outside there last time in Benidorm.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

I saw a few parked to the left of the hotel entrance when we passed.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,525 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flash hotel not disabled friendly!

Hotel Flash

“Mobility Scooter Friendly”

5 of 5 starsReviewed 5 April 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday at this Hotel .This hotel is a refurb of the hotel which was on this site. My overall opinion of this hotel is clean, contemporary, spacious, minimalistic, bright and airy and comfortable. There are still some points which I noticed needed attention, grouting is missing between the wall tiles by the big lift on the 5th floor at least. The two smaller lifts could really have been replaced rather than refurbed, but they all worked perfectly well.

Reception staff, excellent though very slow. Excellent surprise the night security staff. They were so caring, polite and attentive. Daily maid service. If you put the DO NOT DISTURB card on the door if you wanted a lie in, they simply came back when it had been removed. Towels replaced every day. Bathroom does need a bigger rubbish bin a 6" high bin is not adequate. Would also suggest that a hand rail be attached to the bath wall as there is nothing to hold onto for people who are unsteady on their feet. Air con/heater in the room. A big tv on the wall and several free English channels. The restaurant staff were hard working and very polite. The food was excellent though we only had bed and breakfast.

My reviews always account for people who need mobility scooters. This hotel will hire scooters for you, or you can arrange to hire your own, which I did. They have an outside area right next to the side of the hotel where plugs are supplied for recharging (free of charge), There is no overhead cover and it does rain in Benidorm, so try and protect your charger and bike by covering with a cheap shower cape. Wheelchairs are allowed in hotel and lifts provided to accommodate them.

I originally thought this hotel would be out of the way, but I was wrong. Ideal for the indoor and outdoor market. Placed between the Calypso and Los Pelicanos (where the Benidorm programme is based around). Opporsite Morgans tavern. Two blocks straight ahead to the sea front. Quick access to all the shops, restaurants, pubs and bars, but you can rest assured that you will get a goods nights sleep. I really liked this hotel and hope they do well,

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same, though they do have invalid friendly rooms. Balconys either o...

See more room tips

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

5 of 5 stars Value

5 of 5 stars Location

5 of 5 stars Sleep Quality

5 of 5 stars Rooms

5 of 5 stars Cleanliness

5 of 5 stars Service

Was this review helpful?Yes

Problem with this review?

Ask Atholkate about Flash Hotel Benidorm

This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC