We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taggys Trip Report!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Taggys Trip Report!

Back last Thursday after yet another Wonderful holiday in Benidorm, in fact this was probably the best Beni Hol I’ve had in some time. The weather was superb for the vast majority of my 8 night stay, a couple of cloudy days but still hot, and rain on one day too, but nothing to speak of. Rest of the time was blue skies and very hot indeed, couldn’t expect more really!

Flights from Blackpool were spot on in both directions, really like flying from there as it’s a small airport with much less hassle than other airports & up to 15 nights free car parking. The added bonus on my return flight was flying in over Blackpool illuminations & seeing the tower & promenade lit up in all their glory, lovely sight!

Transfers in both directions were fine too, slightly longer on the inward than outward, but part of that was my fault for not getting off at Nereo for my transfer to Rialto as I spent another 20 mins on the bus visiting 3 more Hotels Lol! Anyway, was an early flight so didn’t really bother me. The transfers were free because I was staying for over a week and were with Resort Care. The return transfer was 20 mins early actually & picked up outside Levante Club Apts, good job I was early, would have been interesting to see if they would have waited that long if I wasn’t!

Rialto Hotel, is quite a nice smaller Hotel, very clean and the rooms were nice and spacious. I was actually given a Double room overlooking the pool, I requested a low floor and got a first floor room which was good. Flat screen tv with some English channels, didn’t really use it though, and small fridge and reasonable aircon, which was very noisy though if turned up on full. Maid service spot on. The Staff are very friendly and Nicky on reception is exceptional actually. Man in Bar a tad surely, but perhaps this was because I only went in twice to get my 2 free drinks! Lol! Only meant to get one I believe, but perhaps because I was in a double room they gave me two….didn’t complain!

All the Hotel areas are nice & clean, the pool area isn’t the greatest really & because of surrounding buildings large areas are in the shade for a lot of the time. The Food I did find rather disappointing really, although there was certainly always something I could find to eat. I was surprised to find there was not as much choice as my usual place The Mont Park, both in hot items and cold salad items. I would say the deserts are a bit better though, as was the cooked breakfast but not the pastry items! The “show” cooking I though was a bit underwhelming really and I found the best things to order here was the Fish as this was usually cooked quite well. The meat items tended to be pretty poor quality and a bit on the tough & chewy side, and the skewered kebabs usually burnt. Most of the other hot things from the buffet were not too bad & the usual things you would expect, but would have liked a bit more choice. Perhaps you get that in the larger Servigroup hotels, although I do prefer smaller hotels really. I spoke to a few people and they were saying they thought the food in the servi group hotels was perhaps not quite as good as it used to be, but I can’t comment on that as this is my first visit to one. Overall though it’s a nice Hotel, in an area that I like to stay in & is handy for me at night, as I say, the main attraction of this hotel for me would be the good staff & the location.

Ventured out to most of my usual watering holes & visited one or two new ones and enjoyed then all! Lol! These included The Tropical Bar, Little Belfast Bar, White Horse, Stretford End, La Murada, Saxo’s, Tommy Cooper Lounge, Secret Fountain, Jokers, Sinatras, Morgan Tavern, Palladium & Talk Of The Coast.

I suppose the Bars I enjoyed most were Saxo’s on Calle Londres, a smashing little evening chill out bar run by Doug & Anne. The Tropical Cabaret Bar which is now being splendidly run by Stan & his staff, great acts here, good prices too & a superb terrace to chill on night & day. Also The Talk Of The Coast, now completely refurbished in under new management has to be the most improved Cabaret Bar in Beni. Smashing outdoor terrace, where you have a separate bar & video screen, where you can see & hear all the acts…the doors close at midnight for sound restrictions. But inside is lovely too, and you got top quality acts throughout the night, good staff & good prices for a Central Cabaret Bar too!

Didn’t try to see as many acts this time but still caught a few who were, the superb DebnHer, Meatloaf, Neil Ross, Timeless, Marc Markus, Ziggy, Shaun Foster Conley, Angie Greer, Fransico Jackson, Dangerous Brian, Tom Pepper (who was Ill & had to come off early)!, Soul 2 Soul, Bay City Rollers, Dame Lucy Bunn & Reg & Stevie Wood.

Was smashing to see so many people who ive met over several visits and now feel happy to call friends and some who I hadn’t met before both at the TA meet and in other places, who I enjoyed meeting and hopefully will again. These include Alleykat, Hazel & Dennis, Steve & Gillian, Kev & Angie, Linda, Sue, Michele & Ian, Elaine, Limerickmike (He’s from Limerick you know Lol!), Shezza & Dennis, Mark & Paula, Sue C, Steve M, Rennie & BigDave. I’m sure there’s some I’ve missed out there so apologies in advance!

The Highlight of the Holiday was of course being invited to the Wedding of Debbie & Emma from DebnHer, several of us from the forum went to both the Ceremony itself as well as the evening reception in the Tropical and it was a truly Magical day. The Girls both looked stunning and were understandably emotional, as were most of the guests too. Ive been proud to have known the gals and their families for several years now and it was a wonderful moment that I will never forget. The Wedding was held in Stevie B’s villa in La Nucia, it’s a lovely place and was laid out wonderfully well in the Gardens, under a pergola with seats all around the grounds and pool area too. Over 200 guests were there and its safe to say there wasn’t a dry eye in the house when the gals were exchanging their vows.

There was plenty of drink & snacks available for all, and then we made our way down to The Tropical Bar in Benidorm for the evening reception. Debbie & Emma arrived after us in a wonderful white stretch Limo and a fabulous time was had by all in a packed indoor & outdoor venue, listening & dancing to Timeless, Marc Markus & Ziggy, and enjoying the lovely buffet there too. Wedding guests even got a discount on the bar prices too! A day & Night not to be forgotten!

So as you can see ……I rather enjoyed this visit!

Best Regards - Taggy

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Sounds like you had a fabulous time Taggy, a really special holiday with unforgettable memories!

You've married Shezza off to Hazel's husband though! Lol

Jules

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Great trip report Taggy,u do remember a lot Lol,was very good seeing you again... it was a great crowd this time good nights , & of course the wedding the highlight of the holiday,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Oh yes...sorry Shezza....and BILLY!!! Lol!

Forgot to mention how blooming busy Benidorm was too, everywhere I went was doing cracking business...good to see!

Best regards - Taggy

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Wow! What a fab review Taggy! Puts mine to shame :-) I

I can't believe I forgot to mention the Little Belfast Bar :-)

You have such a good memory too! I daren't name the people at the TA meeting because I knew I'd miss some out and didn't want to offend anyone. You don't do bad for your age ha! ha!

Sue :-)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

I know Sue....its the Alcohol, its preserves the brain you know! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

I was there Sue :)

Blimey, I did a lot on this holiday. I even got re-married!

Edited: 07 October 2013, 20:04
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Ah Shezza its your last night tonight,..hope you've had a good holiday,

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,637 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Cracking report Taggy and have to agree Tropical is back to its best with Stan in charge

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Sorry I was still typing when the other posts went on :-)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taggys Trip Report!

Yep it sure is Alleykat, well run, good staff, smashing acts & grand beer....ruddy wish I was there now! Lol!

Stranger things happen in Beni Shezza! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm