We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benidorm in January?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Benidorm in January?

Hi guys.

After your great help when myself and my girlfriend went in April this year, I was looking at holidays In January and could fine a Thursday to Monday holiday for £120 each!

Now, the question my gf had was "how much would be open?" . Now this is compared to what was open in April, is it likely to be the same? Bars open etc?

Thanks in advance guys and girls, expect you will be great as normal!

James

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,988 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Benidorm in January?

James, seeing as you haven't had a response. January is a very quiet month in Benidorm and weather can be unpredictable. But there's still a few of the clubs and bars open especially weekends. Weekdays can be very quiet and the Square is likely to be pretty deserted. It certainly was when we were there.

Having said that, if you're just looking for a cheap break, there's still enough to do and the shops, market and cafes etc. will be open. It's starting to 'wake up' come April so it won't be anything like as busy in January. More mature visitors there in Jan and I seem to recall you're in your 20's. It's cheap for a reason but depends what you want.

Jules

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benidorm in January?

Thanks for the reply Jules. It's more to get away to be honest, we would probably end up in a caravan somewhere in the rain anyway!

I think I've priced up a Wednesday to Sunday break with decent flights, with extra legroom (I need it) and a bag between us, self catering for £300 between us. At the Levante hotel, I know what pubs it is next too but I can't remember the names of the pubs!

I've gone through the search and see replies like yours, really if bars and a few shops are open in the day time, sit down and watch the world go buy we're probably be happy. We would still have a main holiday in July etc.

Would places like John and Joseph be open (gf loved the bingo haha! Probably be better full of oldies), and restaurants too?

Thanks for the reply, it is appricated.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benidorm in January?

And wow Jules, congrats on how many forum posts! That's a hell of a lot of helping people out!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,519 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benidorm in January?

It's next to the White horse and triangle bars. There may just be one pub open rather than the three. January is a decent enough month, enough open for the amount of people who venture out in the evenings. Most are long stay overwintering so they tend to stay in the hotels in the evening. You might get a deal on F/B for just a little more money.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benidorm in January?

Hi,beni in January has got to be better then a caravan in the rain somewhere lol...you can get a good deal that time of the year so shop around and ask on the forum about hotels/apartments....be carefull tho when u mentioned s/c in levante hotel there are quite a few with similar names so double check it's the one your thinking of..good luck...Linda.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benidorm in January?

Thanks for the replies, I will have another hunt tomorrow. The Levante one was booking direct via the hotel. I will post up what I find .

Jeny, that wasn't the hotel I was thinking of, or where I thought it was, maybe I have got confused. Will have to have a proper look.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 23:09
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Benidorm in January?

The Levante Club Hotel doesn't do self catering,??

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,988 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Benidorm in January?

It's probably the Levante Club Apartments which are a good way from the actual hotel James. Like Jeny says you might pick up a hotel with meals pretty cheap for that time of the year.

Jules

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Benidorm in January?

Yes I am on about the apartments! Shows it's good to double check these things!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,519 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Benidorm in January?

Levante Club apartments are next door to the White horse. Not far from where you stayed last time a street or two back from the prom but up the hill. The triangle pubs are the same thing all owned by Vincents.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm