We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

We're staying in Benidorm for a week in half-term (end of October) and bought the combined ticket, 1 day in Mundomar and 2 in Terra Mitica. It didn't cross my mind for one minute that it wouldn't be open - even the cold and rainy theme parks in the UK are open until the end of October, and we spent Halloween in Port Aventura (Salou) last year. But then by chance I looked at the calendar on the website and it's only open on 26/27 Oct and 1/2/3 Nov. Is this normal? The ticket needs to be used on consecutive days, which leaves us a bit stuffed!

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

TM is only open weekends at the mo so it is normal not to be open on a Thursday.

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Mmm strange when we were over in Beginning of October,big posters were put up up near the open air market. Advertising Halloween events at terramitica and mundormar I think.SteveH

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

They do have Halloween events on but for the weekend of 1,2,3 November, the park is normally only open at weekends this time of year as the Spanish schools don't have half terms.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Hi Vix17,

Terra Mitica and Mundomar are open till 3rd November.

http://www.benidormallyearround.com

Margaurite

Edited: 21 October 2013, 13:12
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Saw that as well Margaurite, and local advertising says the same, but if you look at TM's published schedule it shows only certain days as being open. It's more confusing than helpful.

Kent
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Thanks everyone! Glad I'm not the only one confused. Must admit it seems weird that it's closed weekdays - I'd have though there would be enough tourists and locals even with the kids at school for it to be worth staying open. It's the consecutive days bit that throws it for us - we're here for Sunday 27th & Friday 1st - do you reckon they count as consecutive when it's not open on the days in between?!! So annoyed that I paid for tickets without checking opening!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Hi Vix17,

According to calendar dates, Terra Mitica open Sat/Sun,26th/27th Oct, and, 1st,2nd,and 3rd Nov, Frid, Sat and Sun. Mundomar on one calendar showing open till the end Nov. Info in these links.

www.terramiticapark.com/en/press-room.html

http://www.mundomar.es/

Margaurite

Edited: 21 October 2013, 16:06
Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

Vix17,

As gtinmk said, It's more confusing than helpful. I'd go with the dates for Halloween shows in the links!

Have a great holiday.

Margaurite

Leeds, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

TM is still struggling and there's not a huge market at this time of year so its limited opening sadly.

Kent
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Terra Mitica really closed for Halloween?!

What shame, David. Oh well, thanks anyway, everybody!