We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in Benidorm

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
932 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
christmas in Benidorm

Just booked and so excited as we have never been away for Christmas before but with family off skiing we thought this would be a good opportunity to have a nice pampered Christmas.

What I was wondering is what to expect at Christmas or is it just business as usual.

We are staying in the venus so I know it will be nice there

I was just wondering if anything special happens as I know the Spanish celebrate in January.

Do the bars and cabaret clubs stay open and if anyone has spent Christmas in the venus what was it like cheers cybernan

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,525 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas in Benidorm

Exciting news Cybernan. Everything is open and they make quite a fuss and day of it in the hotels. If your full board you will be entitled to the Christmas Gala Dinner and who knows Santa might have a small gift for you both. You will enjoy it.

I know the Magic group have carol singing and the Children get their present from father Christmas. Usually the resident singer is there in the afternoon for a sing along. Hope the Servigroup is as magical as the magic hotels.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
932 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas in Benidorm

come on friends tell me what Benidorm is like at Christmas. Any info at all what to do where to go to enjoy the festive season.Especially those of you have been . I have never been away for Christmas in my life and I am so excited will it be cold will it be quiet lol a million things I want to know .Any info will be great love cybernanxx

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
932 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas in Benidorm

Thanks Jenny it sounds lovely at the magic hotels oooh I cant wait

rochdale
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas in Benidorm

There are stalls set up in Old Town before Christmas but don't know the date.

Things don't really get going until Xmas eve when more people arrive and the Bars and Clubs fill up.

Many people walk the promenade after Christmas day lunch especially if the weather is good.

Some in fancy dress collecting for charity, we sit in a bar and people watch.

More laid back than in England, everything done for you in an Hotel and hassle free.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
663 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas in Benidorm

Good choice of hotel stayed Xmas there few years ago, they had 2 sittings for Gala dinner, we are once again staying at Hotel Castilla, plenty going off some bigger bars and cabaret bars only open for a few nights, we have enjoyed Xmas weather has been good, will miss it next year, final holiday Xmas and New Year ill health has caught us up.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
539 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas in Benidorm

We have spent two Xmas / New Years at the Venus. Everything was brilliant, Gala Dinner was lovely, and all the staff go out of their way to entertain everyone. All the bars are open and very busy, the weather last year was lovely in day but quite chilly at night so take a sweater just in case. Xmas Day is really busy along the front, with people just strolling in the sunshine(hopefully) and just stopping off for a drink wherever the fancy takes you. I,m sure you will love Xmas in Benidorm. Whats not to love? LOL A lot warmer than dear old blighty thats for sure. ENJOY.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas in Benidorm

You will LOVE it! We have been to the Venus for Christmas for the past 4 years now and just wouldn't want to stay at home now it's so good. Loads to do, gorgeous meal on Christmas day and the staff are just great working and entertaining everyone to make sure you have a great stay. We are going again this year, maybe see you there, what date do you arrive? We are just back today and I will be adding a review of my hols with a little warning regarding the pickpocket incident I experienced.

SALFORD
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: christmas in Benidorm

We're to stay in Benidorm for Christmas

Please help

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: christmas in Benidorm

Where to stay depends on things like ~~~

Your budget.?

What kind of things do you like to do ?

Entertainment,bars,quiet bars & people watching,nice food,junk food.?

All these things will be a factor in which area members can suggest hotels for you.

10. Re: christmas in Benidorm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2015, 06:20