We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive or Half Board

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive or Half Board

I have booked the Regente for 7 nights over the New Year period.I initially booked HB but then decided to book AI.However I am having second thoughts as my 16 year old daughter wants to go out at nights to see "the acts".The difference in cost is approx. 270 euros for 4[2 adults,16 + 11 year old].Anyone stayed here that could tell me if its worth this amount even allowing for the fact we will be out most nights.Thanks in advance.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,933 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

It's an extra £9.64 each per day and for that you'll get lunch, snacks and drinks. Even if you only have lunch and 2 drinks each, it will cost approx that so it could be worth it to you even if you do go out in the evenings.

Jules

Dundee
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

Yes I can appreciate what your saying but my 2 kids don`t drink much apart from water and my wife is not a big drinker.On the other hand I think I make up for them.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,933 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

But you still have to pay for water/soft drinks etc. at meals on H/B. Much depends if you intend to have lunch there I suppose.

I'm not a fan of A/I but even if you only have lunch, drinks with them and a drink before going out, I don't think you'll be out of pocket in a big way. And like you say Hillbankdee, you'll help to justify the spend! Lol

Jules

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

£9.64.is about 11€$. Your dinner - or lunch if you're posh! - would be about 5 - 7€. A Coke or a beer would be about 1.5 - 3€ especially if bought in the hotel so you can see you wouldn't be saving that much.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

We stay at the Regente on the all inclusive every year, but we just use it for Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks as and when.

But we still go out to eat in the evening at various restaurants, then straight out, and if we're out and about during the day we'll stop off for drinks and lunch elsewhere, so we don't feel tied to the hotel, but I speak to other hotel guests and it's quite sad but they never leave the hotel from start to finish, which is a shame as Benidorm has lots to offer everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
906 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

If you are half-board you are going to be paying for ALL drinks in the hotel ie soft drinks, teas or coffees with breakfast, and whatever drinks you have with dinner as well as any drinks you may have whilst lying at the pool, remember on A/I if you miss breakfast you can have snacks at any time (usually toasties, burgers, hotdogs, etc) and you are also getting crisps and icecream all day, with a teenager and almost teenager A/I is well worth it, we always go out at night as well.

Benidorm
Level Contributor
6,351 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

Well worth it but don't miss out on the night life. You'll still be quids in as yorkslee says.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

I've stayed at regente twice and been all inclusive but have always gone out in the evening last month I stayed at the pelicanos the price of the.drinks there are expensive

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

you do not pay for tea or coffee at breakfast in the regente

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,799 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive or Half Board

I don't know any Hotel where you pay for Tea & Coffee at Breakfast ....unless you've booked Room Only!

Best Regards - Taggy