We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

well been looking for a place too stay in benidorm too stay for 7 nights this year about june time ..is it me or is benidorm just getting expensive too travel too ..ive been looking on the internet too see if ican get a good deal s/c was looking at 350 too 400 quid a most hotels.. then i thought i have found a good deal for £275 for the week ...when i looked into it a bit more there was no transfers or luggage added extra £37.98 per case p/p....transfers £9.00...this is with thomas cooks ...dare not look at other travel companies because they got the same trick up there sleave....what i hate most its only 2 /half hours flight and the cost is more then going turkey for 2 weeks and i dont really like turkey that much...so it must be the hotels chargeing too much for there room ..grrrr but other then that you can save a few quid drinking and eating in the right places ...please £300 p/p for a hotel from the beach 600 -800 meters is about right not 350 450 quid .................

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

I've found exactly the same problem. Holidaying in Benidorm is getting more and more expensive! I priced 2 weeks full board at the Helios for this September through Travel Republic and was quoted £1,800 for my husband and myself. Getting beyond a joke really especially going from Scotland.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

yes so true ..me and my wife went too benidorm last year for 7 nights levante lux appartments £800 it cost s/c in june we could not get a place any cheaper ..i really like benidorm but if they keep putting price up like they are doing will be looking else where ...£800 plus spending money £600..1400 iam sure i can get 2 weeks for that allinclusive somewhere else ........the best thing is we went too thailand 2 years ago 600 for flights each and 350 accomadation ..1550 for 17 days ...ok you want another grand on top too spend but these holidays are once in a life time ...really not a bad place plenty of things to visit and travel ...we booked too go last year but i feel ill and could not travel ......but i really like benidorm nice place short flight ...

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

I've said it before on another post, you cant expected to return year after year and pay the same price, costs are rocketing here in Spain the same as they are elsewhere, if they don't charge more to cover these costs they will go out of business.

Rochdale,UK
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

I've always found it a bit more expensive than other resorts like benalmadena etc but and it's a big but , it is cheap once you get there which outweighs the bit extra you pay to get there.

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

Spot on alleycat , you are going to pay more in june than January!!. Now that's when you get a bargain mate and I half board in the sol pelicanos plus flights from Gatwick and parking £400 for both.oh forgot that's Thursday till Monday.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

Occupancy rates at hotel's in Benidorm last year were often over 90% so I guess special offers to attract people are not needed.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

I think flight prices are having a lot to do with it. They're definitely going up and up making even DIY holidays much more expensive. I can't believe how much more expensive it is to fly from my local airport (Birmingham) compared to Gatwick. I don't think hotels have gone up as much - in April 2014, I'm paying just £1 per night more than I did in 2013.

Definitely worth shopping around though and if you can be flexible on airports and dates, you can still get some bargains. It's worth signing up to mailing lists for the airlines so that you'll be first to know about any deals

Edited: 06 January 2014, 12:59
Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

Prices for our "local" airport( nearest airport that flies to Alicante is Stansted 90 miles) are still very reasonable we book ourselves direct with the airlines whether we go from Stansted, Luton, Southend or Gatwick whichever has the best price, and times that suit us best, booking direct with the Rio Park is still very good value.

Perhaps people should realise that some people are not so fortunate to have an airport within 30 miles of where they live and don't have to fork out for a taxi fare, our last trip in November to Gatwick cost us £280 for 4 people.

Beni is still the best value for money for us taking everything into consideration

Going back at the end of March can't wait.

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

our holiday in March is the same price as last year, we book early though!

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: benidorm is it me or is it getting more expensive too get to

Hotel prices are up too.

Riviera week before Xmas was £350 f/b for 2 adults.

This year its £402.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm