We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Help! My daughter has booked a flight tonight for her and 3 friends and has stupidly spelt her friend Lucy's name wrong spelling it with an ie instead of a y. I think I read that you get a bit of grace now to change your name when it's a simple error, is this right? If so how do you go about changing it and how long have you got?

I have read that even prior to the rules changing people gave changed a simple mistake and not been charged do fingers crossed.

Thanks

Sue

Edited: 13 January 2014, 19:26
billingham
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

give them a ring sue ,think it will be done free,hope so anyway

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

If it's just a small mistake and reported within 24 hours then you shouldn't be charged!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Your ok now Sue they have change the rules they don't charge for that anymore,

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Thank you for the replies... , do you know if there's a time limit? Is it 24hrs? They're closed tonight so they'll have to ring tomorrow. Can you do it through manage my booking or do you have to ring?

Thanks.,, Sue x

Edited: 13 January 2014, 20:42
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Think u can do it though manage my booking Sue, but I do know for a fact they give u leeway on any mistakes ,

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

I think you will be ok, I once booked flights for a group of friends not knowing, that my friends name was Diana, not Diane as I had put, they were fine, and I didn't find my mistake untill we were at the airport.

Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

There's a thread on the travel forum that must have hundreds of posts with people's experiences. Most say that Ryanair have been ok and not charged and the odd few saying they weren't so lucky.

I posted my experience when I spelt mother in law's wrong by one letter. We didn't tell her and took the chance. They either didn't notice or let us off. I'm not recommending you chance it but this was a few years when Ryanair's reputation was at it's lowest and was sure I would be charged £100 the going rate at that time.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Ok, thank you everyone, she's going to do it today so I'll let you know how she gets on :-)

Sue :-)

Scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

I have had to phone Ryanair twice now because I made a mistake with the spelling, they changed it both times without charge.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Name spelt wrong on Ryanair flight

Our friend travelled both ways with the surname on the boarding pass as Camerson. It should have been Cameron. Nobody said anything. He was going to plead ignorance if it became an issue as he only discovered it when he printed his pass the night before travel.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm