We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnaby Street

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
329 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Carnaby Street

J UST heard the guys have split up,anybody heard owt.Trips to beni won't be the same.Gutted

leeds
Level Contributor
624 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnaby Street

Just heard the same on facebook.? Hope not

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnaby Street

Well to be honest, saw these 2 a few years ago, and they were awful, and i'm into all the music genre they played, but it was so bad I waked out after 20mins, so if they have split up, its no loss to me.

leeds
Level Contributor
624 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnaby Street

yes,they have split.paul the lead singer has left, but other lad is gonna carry on with a new singer,. Shame,had some great nights in jailrock. Will still go and see them in march when I'm over in beni.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnaby Street

Me & hubby saw them by accident last year (we had been watching Cabeytu brothers), we thought they were brilliant. We would not have chose to go see them but we really enjoyed them. Sheila

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnaby Street

Gutted to hear about this, we had several great nights with them in the Jailrock. They created a real party atmosphere, even though it was the same two hour set each night. The lead singer was a proper lad and will take some replacing.

Cheers.

chippenham
Level Contributor
381 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnaby Street

Got back from Beni this week( will review later) and Jailrock was shut, unlike the same time last year. Cabeytu Brother in Argentina. Always go in there a lot when in Beni and took friends in to see Carnaby Street when there in September. The first time I've ever been disappointed, as the lead singer was on his own and struggling. Bigged them up and was surprised how rubbish they were that night. Sorry that they've split though.

On another note I also love to see the Bass player that is Stoney Broke and last week heard that he's left Benidorm even though he was there early January in Rock and Roll House. I this so? Anyone know. Thought he was fab.

Sue

Burnley
Level Contributor
754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnaby Street

We were there for New Year and were sat with Paul after a gig in Jailrock. It's Paul that's still playing under the Carnaby Street name with a new guitarist. Whether that continues is anyones guess. Hope that helps.

Nottingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnaby Street

Just got back yesterday I go every year for 4 or 5 days and its always a highlight. They have split and both are bitter so I don't think they'll reform. Alan is still doing same slot with a new lad, he looks more like a bros tribute but to be fair is very talented, not mad and angry like Paul but far better vocalist, Alan does very little of the vocal work now. Paul is playing at the same time under the same name next door at Rocker fellas, he has a new kid on guitar who is a brilliant guitarist but crap vocally and does half the show if not more depending on the length of Paul's customary "break" Paul is just the same as ever but in my opinion he's got progressively worse down the years concentrating more on swearing and slating the crowd than what he should be doing. Both are worth a look but Alan wins hands down even though I'm a massive Jam fan. hoe this helps clear things up.

Steve

9. Re: Carnaby Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm