We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
390 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Word on the street seems to be costa blanca transfers, online they quote 65€ Per vehicle (1-4 persons) from the airport to Benidorm. We ourselves as a couple are debating the £6 (£3 each) each way on a shuttle transfer booking with travel republic vs the 65€ each way private transfer. The difference would come in very handy for a nice meal or two but don't fancy getting stuck on a coach for hours!!!!!! Can anyone who has used a travel republic transfer or other say roughly how long it took? Obviously it is dependent on drop off point in benidorm and time of year (we are staying at the sandos Monaco week after next). Thanks

Level Contributor
191 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

I always use travel republic. Last year had a long wait at airport, was gonna do as suggested here and get off at first drop off and jump in taxi but the driver said what's the point, only saves a few minutes so we didn't bother! If I had restless children with me I'd prob go for taxi but when it's grown ups I don't mind waiting around for a bit if it saves me 50 quid lol

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

I've just booked transfers again must be lucky I have never been on a long time my last time I used them in oct I was in sol pelicanos 1 hour after leaving airpirt

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Its not just the time after leaving the airport though....you can often be sat on the bus waiting on other passengers from other flights....as well as no shows (Always get some). If your lucky it could be 1hr 15mins if your unlucky it could be 3hrs! Total pot luck no matter which shuttle you use!

Best Regards - Taggy

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

We were 2 and half hours on bus with travel republic never again

Level Contributor
191 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Sorry forgot to say, once the coach gets going I've never been on it more than an hour, it's at the airport waiting for other passengers that we were hanging around last year x

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
390 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Thank you guys. Pretty much expected responses as we have experienced the same ourselves at other destinations. On a cheeky four night break without the children the private transfer may win as time is precious but then again so is money, we may have to flip a coin to decide! Thanks

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
581 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Have you thought of ALSA bus if there are only 2 of you ? About 50 mins to Avenida Europa. About 9.45 Euros per person each way. We tried it for a short break in October and it was excellent - but probably depends on your arrival time, as the bus goes on the hour( I think). I have also sat on the transfer bus for various amounts of time and didn't want to pay for a private transfer for only two of us. Have fun whatever you do!

inverness
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

We had a longish wait in the airport the last time before our transfer bus got going, this was however mainly due to passengers not turning up. They had obviously made other arrangements but not told anyone. Once we got going transfer was fine. Good value for money particularly if there is only one or two people in the party.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,737 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Twister I think the €65 each way transfer you mention relates to Costa Blanca Private Transfers not Costa Blanca Transfers which is a different company and is €120 return (€10 cheaper) for 1-4 persons. I'm not sure if the price varies according to time of year, that hasn't been our experience.

Both are excellent companies with a good reputation. If the budget allows, private transfer is excellent but probably totally unrealistic for less than 2/3 people.

Jules

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hot topic. Private transfer vs Shuttle bus service

Why not do private transfer just one way and shuttle back?

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm