We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit by bus and on foot

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, South Wales
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit by bus and on foot

Hi, my hubby & I are coming to Benidorm on April 21st for 11 days. We both like walking and having a few drinks.

Can anyone recommend any places we can visit on the bus where we can stretch our legs? We went to Altea 4 years ago but got caught in floods so only ventured as far as the 1st bar :-)

Also any walks closer to Benidorm itself? We've done the cross and moor towers from our previous visit. Have heard a lot about Albir - can you get to that from the bus?

Last Q - whats the approx cost of a beer & coffee in the picadilly bar?

Thanks for your help. less than 11 weeks to go!! :-)

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Coffee was 1euro last year, also pint ofbeer was 1euro..hope its the same we like to go in all three Picadillies..

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,740 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Albir is no 10 bus, carries on to Altea, maybe you went on it last time?

Try a walk along Poniente beach the far side of Old Town.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Villajoyosa is nice for a couple hours, easy to get to on the bus or tram. Cala Finistrat is another spot that you can spend a half day, bus or walk, they also have a weekly market.

Swansea, South Wales
Level Contributor
193 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Thanks for the helpful replies. Some good ideas for days out on the bus. Haven't been to Villajoyosa before so will definitely try that one day and the no. 10 bus to Albir.

Really pleased to hear prices in the Picadilly are so cheap still. We visited Benidorm in 2008 and again in 2010 and it seems prices there haven't increased at all. We like to do the cheaper bars in the day and visit a show bar in the night

Thanks again all :-)

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Nice walk up the Runcon,past Benidorm Palace keep going past the camp sites till you get to the 2nd traffic lights by the green tabac at the end,.turn right to the Sunday El Cisnie rastro market.I think it's also on sat and maybe Wednesday but it's quite a walk depending how fit you are but I love it.

Middlewich, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Hi linda how far approx. is the market from the 2nd set of lights. many thanks

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Err,about 175/200 yards approx I would say,worth it tho,great atmosphere there,number ten bus stops outside to lol...enjoy Linda.

Middlewich, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

Thanks linda for clarifying that ,for some reason I thought it was further.

LINCOLNSHIRE
Level Contributor
192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

It is a lovely walk to the Albir Lighthouse. As mentioned previously you get the 10 bus to Albir and the walk starts behind the Tourist Info office at the beginning of the promenade. It is a fairly flat walk and the views over to Altea and Calpe are really lovely.

I agree that a trip to Villajoyosa is worthwhile and there is a lovely sea front walk when you get past the harbour.

10. Re: Places to visit by bus and on foot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22