We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your thoughts on Helios

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Your thoughts on Helios

Hi everyone! Still a lot of humming and hawing over where to stay this year. What are your thoughts on Helios? I've looked at some of the reviews and they look great. Can't say I've heard much talk of it on the forum but that maybe because I've never had an interest before.

I've just taken the wee yellow man for a walk so know that it's in the area I want.

Are the rooms nice? What is the food like? :-)

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,380 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

It's a fair few years since I've stayed there Mo but I've always rated the Helios. It's in the top 20 of Benidorm hotels on TA so got to be decent overall. Rooms have been refurbished with walk in showers and look very nice. Some say storage could be better and the odd moan about the food but latest reviews rate the food!

Really good location near the outdoor market and far enough from the racket (though I know you're not tucked up in bed by 9 so it wouldn't worry you too much! Lol)

Some mention of a 'mad Russian running amok on the corridors' in latest reviews but I'm sure he's been carted away by now! Lol

Jules

Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Thanks Jules,

It's coming up at a really good price for end April.

Storage isn't really a problem as I take an iron with me anyway so I could easily live out a suitcase :-)

As for the mad Russian running amok...that could be classed as entertainment in some hotels. In saying that, the only spirited Russian I want entertaining me on holiday is Mr Smirnoff :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

We're going to the Helios in May, hoping John Smith and Ron Bacardi will be there.

Regards,

Pat B.

Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Just had a walk-through....I like the look of it :-)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Hi Mo stayed here twice most recently last June. Lovely hotel in great area. We stayed full board and enjoyed every meal! Room was quite spacious and spotlessly clean. Im looking for this year at the moment and Im drawn to it again! We like to try other hotels but also like the area where Helios is! Would recommend this hotel . I would say the guests are slightly more mature but guaranteed a good nights sleep!

Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Hi Pinky, we have stayed in Riviera last couple of times and end every night in Carousel so that area is ideal for us. Is there entertainment in the hotel? :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Go for it Mo, good hotel and great pool area. John

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Old time dancing and a dutch singer is all i can recall! Went out after dinner each night. Plenty places nearby for all tastes and age groups. Security guard on entrance each evening which was good but definately not a wild hotel!

Scotland
Level Contributor
989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

That's ok lol I like my hotel to be quiet. As long as the food's good, the room is nice and the price is right, I'm easily pleased

:-)

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your thoughts on Helios

Hi - We stayed for 4 nights in November. Food very good, it could get a bit crowded in dining room at weekend but always managed to get a table. Room spotless and Jacuzzi bath. We e mailed for a high floor overlooking pool and got what we asked for.

Would definitely go again if price is right. It was a lot cheaper than Presidente, Venus and Riviera when we booked and just as good.

Trying Regente next week for a change of area but was definitely tempted to go back to Helios. Hope we don't regret it as not been to Regente before.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm