We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother of the Bride

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Mother of the Bride

Hi,this is a question for all the ladies out there,we are going to Beni on the 20th of June for 12 nights and my good wife is looking for good dress shops around where she might pick up a nice summery dress for our daughters wedding in July,she just said to me she wants to look the part and will not settle for cheap,but not too expensive (Oh God....) so what do you think girls are there some good dress shops or boutiques around Benidorm,I would be very grateful on this as I would not like holding up poles outside every clothes shop in Benidorm...lol

Best wishes,Mike

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother of the Bride

Mike

There is a lovely shop under Don Pancho hotel, or really near it, I am sure your wife would get something nice in there.

Julie

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother of the Bride

Either that pm Calpe Anne mike or Helen d they live there a think Helen works in Benidorm all year round im sure they will give you advice ...mazza

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother of the Bride

Julie, that's great we know where that shop is,well its a start of a long trek I'd say but then again she might be lucky thanks again for your help

Best wishes,Mike

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mother of the Bride

Thanks Mazza for your advice I appreciate it as you are a mine of information on Benidorm

Best wishes,Mike

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mother of the Bride

Think she might be better buying something here at home Mike. I was in that shop recently and yes they do have a few nice clothes but at a very high price. Although highly priced I don't think they are as nice as the clothes available here. (Might be better looking through some of the on-line catalogue shops for some ideas) There is another nice shop right on the prom and Zara in the Old town. Also C & A in La Marina shopping centre.

I know C & A sounds Not suitable but I don't think it's like our old C & A. Worth a try.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 17:40
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mother of the Bride

Thanks Jeny,Sylvia was thinking the same herself because when we come back from Beni its only two weeks to the wedding,but at least the option is there, its my idea she might find something nicer over,been through the web sites to no avail

But thanks for your help and will check out your pointers

Best wishes,Mike

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,397 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mother of the Bride

Book yourself a hotel for the night and treat Sylvia a few days shopping at some of the bigger new UK retail parks. They have shops that specialize in mother of the bride clothes. Plenty of choice.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mother of the Bride

From a personal point of view I struggle to find nice things here - I find that they cater well for 'younger ladies' but for the over 40's sadly lacking. There are a couple of nice dress shops on calle Ruzafa but rather pricey.... By which I mean several hundred euros! If you had plenty of time a trip to Alicante to Corte Ingles may be an idea but I wouldn't take the risk and buy in the UK.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
779 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Mother of the Bride

I would agree buying at home, there is a shop on the promenade called Valentino's but it is expensive and (your wife will understand) they look good but not very good material. There is also another shop on the prom and I can't remember the name think it begins with M but that is also expensive. To be honest unless its holiday clothes its a bit of a struggle here

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mother of the Bride

Mind the shop down side of ruidor a cant mind name ..A used to love all the beautiful colours and stuff they had ..Not kinda shop for mother of the bride though ...mazza

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm