We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambassador info..

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Ambassador info..

Please all whats going be aware andbring your own hand gell! We have been here a week, the week before us lots of people going down with sickness and Diorrhoea. On our 3rd day i got the symptons never had anything like it before and was confined to room for 3days was really bad, then hubby got same 3days later! yTold the manager he said all food is tested ! Then he has put hand gell machines one at eAchend of resturants. told him he needs more in all entrances. People not using them when coming in, a lot dont know what they are!,, hes put notices in all lifts, but some dont use lifts what are on 1st floor..

Its a shame as the food is much better and more choices since the refurbishment, but the manager is crap, not a bit like Pasquel was. Hope they bring him back..)

Just to add its been red hot allday today, hope the weather stays like this now....))

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambassador info..

lots of hotels and cruise ships all over the world get the noro virus ,its nearly impossible to stop it spreading , cant realy blame the manager of the hotel

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambassador info..

When I was on a cruise ship, they had 2 jaunty females making sure everyone who entered the restaurant used hand gel and would chase after people and squirt it into their hands! Don't usually hear many reports of problems at the Ambassador though unless I've missed them.

Unfortunately some people do not practise hand washing and they put people at risk. But it's irrelevant if the staff don't in preparing the food. Buffets are notorious bug harbourers I'm afraid especially if temperatures are too low.

Hope you're both better soon Thornhill.

Jules

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ambassador info..

Mallcum..i wasnt blaming manager, ! just sayin as he is new is not as nice as Pasquel...

Thanx Jules i a felling better now hubby is slowly recovering.."....... in all the 20yrs we have stayed here never had a problem..

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ambassador info..

New manager is lovely talked to us loads in November hope there is toilet rolls in room on Tuesday

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ambassador info..

you serious focus ? hope there are toilet rolls in the room , ?? get a daily mirror at the airport just in case ,

Edited: 15 March 2014, 18:39
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ambassador info..

I took focus post as a bit of levity in relation to the possible runs...hope it doesn't happen as there's no way food poisoning is ever romantic! Lol

Jules

rochdale
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ambassador info..

I await focus's review with anticipation.

Have been hand gel machines there for a while, but as said no one uses them.

Manager is not crap, but definitely not quite as good.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ambassador info..

There will be people that use them - usually the ones that believe in good hygiene and whose hands are probably clean already

Sods law says it will be the ones whoes hands aren't clean and who have no thought for their own or other peoples hygiene that just walk on by past them

Probably the same sort of person that I once saw sticking their finger in the gravy and licking it!!!

Edited: 15 March 2014, 19:30
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ambassador info..

I always take Acidophilus from Holland and Barrett before and when I am in Egypt so will take it before I come to the hotel.

They have 1 billion active cultures which help fight any bacteria that enters the digestive system.

They are pleasant to take and they are strawberry flavoured and chewable.

I went to the Grand hotel in Scarborough in January which had had an outbreak of the Novo virus just before we went so I took the Acidophilus when I went there.

Although I use hand gel and with being a nurse I am an avid hand washer non of this will stop a virus.

Anyone who is going soon I would advise you to get some Acidophilus.It cant be taken with a hot drink as this kills the good bacteria but it has certainly worked for us.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ambassador info..

Knitter, who counted the active cultures?

Regards,

Pat B.