We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool Hopping between Hotels

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Pool Hopping between Hotels

Hi, going to Benidorm with our 8 year old at Easter and have been told that Waterparks (which he loves) don't open till May. Will we be able to use pools at various hotels without being residents? Preferably with slides or heated. Thanks Mx

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

We are staying in the Paraiso 10 apartments Mx

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

We are staying in the Paraiso 10 apartments Mx

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

Some hotels will allow it but it's generally frowned upon. There was a huge debate on this subject last year and it turned into the topic being closed.

My personal feeling is that I pay a lot of money to stay at a hotel and use its facilities, why should someone come in off the street and use the facilities I have paid for? However, that's just my personal opinion! Some hotels will allow you to use their pool if you buy drinks at the bar etc. Others, like the Servigroup chain and the Pelicanos will turn you away. The pools there all have doors to them that require a room key and the Pelicanos, you need to show a wristband!

I'm sure someone on here will be able to advise you. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,381 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

I think the only pool that you can use is the Marina hotel provided you buy drinks at the secret fountain.

Sorry I think you will find all hotels now have security to stop this happening (outsiders using facilities). Hotels have enough trouble with hotel guests fighting for space around their small pool areas as it is, without allowing people staying in the cheaper apartments to use their facilities.

Think the other guests would report you to the management for using facilities in an hotel where you are not staying. I have seen this happen on many occasions. Can be very embarrassing for those caught.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

agree with shezza,

east lothian
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

When did the pelicanos start making u open the door (pool) by a key ???

Didn't relies this last yr when a was there ??

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

Snoops, you misread my post! I did say that the Servigroup hotels have a room key entry and the Pelicanos, you have to show a wristband! I didn't say you required a room key for there!

8. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 22:46
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

The Nereo and the Pueblo definitely require room key entry to the pool Wanderer! I had to use my room key to get access to the pool!

Apart from anything else, anyone just wandering in off the street is a potential security risk and it IS being stamped down on.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 10:02
Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool Hopping between Hotels

If you do find a hotel pool it will have to be one that is heated as this time of year and even Easter the pools are far too cold, the sea is a few degrees warmer.

Been to the Servi group Calypso and you need room key to get to their pool.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm