We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Please can anyone help? - 8 of us going to Benidorm in few weeks, rather than cheapest/longest transfer are there plenty of options to negotiate with mini-buses/couple of taxis actually at the airport WITHOUT pre-booking (NB; dont mind paying an extra ~5-7 euros per person to do this way)

Any advice appreciated please

Thanks in advance

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

No mini buses at the airport, they have to be pre-booked. Taxi fares are set and not negotiable. Roughly 80 euros one way for taxi at airport. You would honestly be better booking ahead.

Alternatively you can get the Alsa bus at the airport but if there's 8 of you, will still cost a fair bit. I believe it's 9.50 euros one way on the bus, so multiply that by 8 and it's going to cost you 76 euros anyway!

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

I'd be surprised if there was much negotiation regarding the taxis,it's one price pay it or do without seems to be the norm,regarding a mini bus transfer I would think you would be better trying to arrange a pre booked transfer,I'm sure plenty of trip advisor members on here,Jeny,Hazel,Taggy,jules, would be only to happy to point you in the right direction.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

If you do decide on private transfer I can recommend

Costablancaprivatetransfers and

Costablancatransfers

Both different companies but very reliable.

Manchester
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Pre book it. Absolutely no chance of you winging it.

Pre book your private transfer with David at www.costablancaprivatetransfers.com

They are the best in the business and will have you in the resort at your hotel in about 45 minutes. Will also be there to collect you at the agreed time.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Unless you're going for the public Alsa bus, there's too many of you to be haggling at the airport. Even with 4 adults to a taxi it's going to be a tight squeeze with luggage and not particularly comfortable.

For a big party it's economic good sense to book a private mini bus beforehand. We're just back and used Andrew at Costa Blanca transfers. It was absolutely spot on!

http://www.costa-blanca-transfers.com

Jules

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Cheapest transfers are not always the longest either used transfers booked through travel republic for ambassador and was first drop off from airport and 2nd last pick up going back. No problems whatsoever and very cheap.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Yes Woolly but the next time you might be the last drop off ,.. It's swing & roundabouts no 2 transfers are the same,

I've been using Travel Republic for years & my time to resort has swung between one & half to two hours to nearly 3 the 3 hour journey was when the bus was that full people were standing I kid you not, though I haven't had a long one like that for a while now ,my last couple were one & half which I was pleased with ,

travel Republic transfers are £5.82 return just now,

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

I know that hazel, I have been lucky every time I have used them actually (many times now)never had any problems and never been Stuck on the coach for longer than needed.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

I booked transfers with Alpharooms, they are as Cheap as travel republic now, mine was £5.52 return using Abas! About £9 return if you use their holiday taxi transfer....quite why they quote for two different shared transfers I'm not sure!

Best regards - Taggy

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers - pre-book or 'wing' it?

Thank you all for advice - much appreciated :-)

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm