We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

england
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

Me and the missus were staying at the Nereo Hotel when we heard this massive bang,next minute loads of smoke and dust came up the street.We went out to see what had happened a Hotel near the beach had a bloody big hole in the side of it,as far as I know no one was killed.The same day one went off in Alicante as well,were any other TA members there at the time.

Regards Codger.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,999 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

It was the Hotel Nadal. People were injured;

theguardian.com/world/…spain.travelnews

Jules

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

I was there went past it helicopters and loads of police about

Wigan, England
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

July 2003 if memory serves me correctly.

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

I was there. Staying at my mums on calle roma (few upfrom calle londres) heard the explosion and then the police sirens and helicopter, was funny though as the police had a tiny area around it cornered off but everyone in the block next door was still in their apartments and everyone was still on the beach. If that had been in the UK the whole area would have been evacuated!

Moraira, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

I was there. Staying at my mums on calle roma (few upfrom calle londres) heard the explosion and then the police sirens and helicopter, was funny though as the police had a tiny area around it cornered off but everyone in the block next door was still in their apartments and everyone was still on the beach. If that had been in the UK the whole area would have been evacuated!

dundee
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

Yes I was in benidorm at the time, july month it was wife wanted to come home with kids, think we were in the tropicana gardens if I remeber right.

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

If I remember correctly the whole of one side of the hotel was blown out and all the bedrooms on that side exposed.

There was another bomb around 1979 or 1980 when the steps of the Selomar on the front nearer to the old town were blown up. I remember making my way back to my hotel in the new town in the early hours and asking a fireman what all the commotion was and he told me it was a bomb.

Think also there have been one or two left in rubbish bins over the years.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

Yes I was there too, but had been out for the day. I was staying at the Regente at the time & I got a phone call from home checking if I was ok because of the Bomb, and I hadn't heard a thing and remember saying "What Bomb"?

Best Regards - Taggy

9. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 21:35
Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you remember the Benidorm "Bomb"

Did you like the Brisa? Almost booked it once, but went somewhere else instead....that was before it was renovated & made 4 star though! Seemed a nice friendly Spanish orientated hotel!

Best Regards - Taggy

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm