We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

if not thomas cook ? what ?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
if not thomas cook ? what ?

hello ,

earlier this year went with thomas cook to villa del mar and loved it . wish to go again and take kids and grandchildren as well , early december . prices seem similar and am not sure weather to go with : on the beach , travel republic or alpha rooms . any experiences or preferences please ? especially the reliability and quality of transfers with these companies .

thanks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
813 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Why don't you try Easyjet holidays? Very good, used them often

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,149 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Have you thought about contacting hotel and booking direct with the magic group. Jet2 and Monarch holidays will have package holidays to suit any dates you require.

If travelling as a family you could book a private transfer.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Ive used both Alpharooms & Travel Republic several times and can recommend both. Not used transfers booked through them previously, although I am using Alpharooms transfers this coming visit. The Transfers are of course not supplied by either of these operators. The one I'm booked on via Alpharooms is run by Abas. I have used them before & they were fine.

At the end of the day with ANY of the shared transfers its pure pot luck on journey time, they are all the same basically!

Best Regards - Taggy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

I've used Travel Republic and On The Beach both are ok .

As for transfers they are only agents for booking different transfer companies so in the end it's the people doing the transfers you have to rely on.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Travel Republic &Alpha Rooms are normally the cheapest IMO, also Transfers too,

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

thank you to everyone . how much can we expect to pay each way for transfers if we book it ourselves ? there will be four adults one 4 yr old and one nearly 2 yr old , and of course five cases and some hand luggage .

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Travel Republic transfers are £5.82 per person . Same for kids Return.

Edited: 10 April 2014, 16:11
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

For me, its always Travel Republic for the hotel. Have only ever had good experience from them, and never yet found anywhere else cheaper by more than a few pence. Their transfers are OK. Yes, it can be pot luck how long it takes sometimes, but at that price you really can't complain.

I only ever book flights direct with the airline, after checking the prices on Skyscanner.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,149 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Salsarioja mentioned Easyjet holidays. There is some important news on this link for people booking package holidays with EJ. Seems they might now be using Hotelopia instead of Low Cost, this comes after the collapse of the On Holiday Group.

ttgdigital.com/news/…4691016.article

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: if not thomas cook ? what ?

Yep. Me to Scoudy can only say good things about them . Never had a problem

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm