We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why Benidorm?

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
997 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Why Benidorm?

Genuine question. I live and work about 40 minutes drive from Benidorm and go 4 or 5 times a year just for a wander, have a meal and a drink. I prefer it out of the main season, October to April and I quite like the place but have never had a holiday there.

So, why do you all keep coming back? What is it about the place? Do you stay in Benidorm or explore further afield? Do you go elsewhere for holidays to places like Benidorm or something different? Some of you have such extensive knowledge of Benidorm it's almost like you live there!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why Benidorm?

we go for the free entertainment,here we would have to pay for shows as great as what are on in Benidorm,we usually visit nearby resorts by bus, and go further afield by train , usually have a long walk after breakfast , and a swim on the afternoon. we love Benidorm have been all over canaries, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, loads of diff areas in spain.ofter when we go elsewhere we always wish we had gone to Benidorm, when I worked full time we usually had 3 holidays a year so we could still have 2 weeks in Benidorm and have a holiday elsewhere. we have been going to Benidorm over 30 years , still find things we don't know.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
371 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why Benidorm?

Hi Mark

I go to benidorm mostly to party, the brilliant free entertainment is like nothing I've seen before. I've even been to Vegas but you pay for it there. :). I don't tend to venture out of the new town at night but I should really after reading some great reviews on here. Hopefully I'll get to the old town at night next time.

Yes I do go on other holidays with hubby to other places in Europe and the states.

Benidorm is my girly holiday, love the people, love the dancing, love the sun :)

Andrea x

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why Benidorm?

Why do we go to Benidorm?

A couple of hours from London, daily flights, quality all inclusive 4 star hotels, we tend to stay at the Sandos Monaco and the Rivera Hotel, the knowledge there is first class health care available should we require. The exceptional long sandy beach and promenade.

The great bars, shows and performers at reasonable cost, and last but not least the World famous Black Chicken Karaoke Bar

merseyside
Level Contributor
158 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why Benidorm?

Short flight, great weather, excellent entertainment, cheap prices, good hotels, lovely beaches, low priced mobility scooter hire making it easy to get around....!

I just LOVE Benidorm!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
807 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why Benidorm?

We go for the quality hotel - Sandos Monaco, the dancing, the wonderful nature reserves for walking at the north end of the levante beach,the tapas bars, the short flight plus ease of transfer & the friendly non threatening atmosphere. Although we have been numerous times, we have never been to any of the cabaret bars except the Tower Lounge - maybe we will find the time this September. We do go to other places i.e., Italy, Turkey, Greece, Poland and cruises on the Medi, but we like to return to Benidorm at least once a year-we have never been disapointed!

Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why Benidorm?

Reasonably priced,good seafront walk, good entertainment, good bus service to get around to Finistrat beach and Albir/Altea,station. good tram to go to Alicante & Denia. Benidorm is what you want to make it

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why Benidorm?

We have travelled all over the place and we love travelling, we avoided Benidorm for years then we decided to go there just once to see what it was like and we just loved it, we went first last August for my birthday it was packed out just as we thought it would be.....so we decided to have our winter holiday there, we stayed for a month this holiday was better than the August holiday it was still quite busy we had three weeks of sunshine and a mixed week weather wise....there is something for everybody in Benidorm we love the place all the holiday makers seem to be of the nice kind just enjoying their holiday, the shops are good too....we are now planning our third visit but I think we will miss the main weeks out....flying time from here is just two and a half hours! Three and a half hours and we are in the Hotel......

Edited: 17 April 2014, 11:01
Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why Benidorm?

I call benidorm my coming to life holiday have been to the caribbean for many years but you don't get the great bars the entertainment the shops which I love I could keep going on my only mistake is wished I given in sooner than 2012 to come back next month for my 5 th time also back in oct can't wait

West Yorks
Level Contributor
631 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why Benidorm?

The holiday prices used to be very cheap, not so much these days. There are good quality hotels and once you get there you can eat and drink very cheaply.

We had friends who holiday in Greece twice a year ......we would spend less doing 4 two week trips than they did. It's just great value. Oh...and did we mention that the people are really friendly 😄😄

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why Benidorm?

Free entertainment cheap drinks gorgeous prom lovely hotels with English food and free romantic room we love Benidorm and yes just 2 hours away and very friendly people cheers mike and susanna xx

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm