We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Rooms

chippenham
Level Contributor
381 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Single Rooms

Will be booking a holiday with mum and dad as hubby can't go because we've moved and he's changed jobs. Would ideally like to stay at the Ambassador at the end of June but the availability is saying no single rooms left at any of their hotels. This I believe, because there isn't that many of them. My question is: will they let you book a twin room if you are prepared to pay as two people? I would like to be able to eat with my parents as well as go out with them. My other idea was to book a flight and try to get into Ambassador 2 by doing a DIY holiday, as they share the same dining room. Anybody got any views on this? Also anybody got any views on the Rio Park? What's the food like? Parents have stayed at The Avenida and liked it but it was getting on for two years ago now before the troubles with the Onasol group were disclosed( they should have been staying at the Mar Blau on my recommendation). The Avenida seem to have single rooms because I think they would probably house you in the Apartment block rather than the hotel if a single room is booked. That wouldn't worry me as long as we could dine together. I do realise that the Avenida have some windowless rooms but to be honest nothing much disturbs me and I would not be in the room much apart from sleeping and getting ready to go out. Any thoughts on the Avenida anyone? Your help is much appreciated.

Sue

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Rooms

Hi Sue, sorry don't know much about the Avenida but all hotels will let you book a twin room for sole use but it can work out expensive.

The Ambassador has interconnecting rooms (ThornhillLass confirmed this for me as we book for 3) and it's a double room with single room interconnecting. Not sure if they're full though, could imagine they're popular.

Rio Park singles are apparently tiny and have no balcony.

When we stay at the lovely Royal Hotel, they have a double room with single room interconnecting on the top floor and shared bathroom. But possibly you'd prefer a separate room? I'd look into booking a double room for yourself. I got one on a recent holiday to Beni and they did me a reduced rate. Worth asking depending on popularity of dates going.

Jules

chippenham
Level Contributor
381 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Rooms

Thanks Jules so much for your reply. I didn't see all the previous posts between yourself and Thornhill lass until after I had posted. Been out of the loop for a while as it's been a stressful six months and I've not been on her so much lately with moving etc. All your help is greatly appreciated.

Sue

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Rooms

Why not just book a 2 bedroom appt, plenty of them about & then you can eat out as a family together all the time, I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper too, just a thought,

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Rooms

Hi Sue,

On many sites it lets you book hotels, Double/Twin for solo use. Obviously would depend on! Just put in room 1 x 2 adults, Room 2 x1 adult for eg.You'd need to search through the different agents/hotels.. Been looking for Avenida/Ambassador on a couple sites for your dates, but nothing doing. You may need to change to dif hotel/dates. The examples below for Presidente/Nereo, 21 June/28 June. What dates roughly you looking for Sue?

Selected rooms

Room 1:1 adult, Double Room - Pool View with HALF BOARD

Room 2:2 adults, Double Room - Pool View with HALF BOARD

Selected rooms

Room 1:1 adult, TWIN ROOM with HALF BOARD

Room 2:2 adults, TWIN ROOM with HALF BOARD

Margaurite

chippenham
Level Contributor
381 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Rooms

Thanks Hazel and Margaurite. Trouble is Hazel we want to eat in hotel and not out every night on this occasion. I did think about that. Trouble is with everything that's been going on at home lately, both changing jobs and relocating house, hubby can't go on the dates I've booked off and his next trip to Benidorm will be September or November. Margaurite I can't change my dates because of work so I can either change my plans with regards to staying in Benidorm or go to the Algarve( which Dad likes) and you know which I'd prefer. Sure we will make it work somehow. Thanks for looking for me.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single Rooms

Know what you mean Sue. Have you tried the Mar Blau?

Margaurite

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Single Rooms

Julie tees valley and Jeny

An interesting job for you here.

Looking on www.onasol.es the Avenida seems to have disappeared !

Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single Rooms

I've booked Don Pancho for June.Twin room for single use is 625 euros or 695 euros for upgraded room.Twin room for two is 876 euros.Booked directly with the hotel and these prices don't include flights.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single Rooms

Not my area I'm afraid Callospete...Gazboy and Margaurite are the Onasol experts! I seem to recall discussions last year about the Group having to sell off hotel/s but unsure whether the Avenida is still part of their group. Others may know.

And Jeny is happily basking in the sun in Benidorm at the moment :-)

Jules

10. Re: Single Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 18:40
Edited: 26 April 2014, 18:40
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm