We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
96 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Hi everyone, I am visiting Benidorm on Friday 16th May for a stag do. Due to work I am flying late Friday night on my own and arrive in Alicante around 11.30pm. Could anyone help with any advice on the quickest and cheapest way of transferring from the airport to Benidorm? Any help appreciated as I never been to either of these places before.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Try travel republic on this link https:/…

London
Level Contributor
583 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Travel republic is the cheapest but certainly not the quickest, its usually under £6 return but is hit and miss as to how long you will have to wait to get going. Where are you staying? If you are in the Old Town you would probably be first drop off but if its the new town you could be an hour dropping off at hotels before you get to yours, especially if you are in the Rincon area, again its hit and miss. If we think we are going to have a lot of drop offs we ask the driver to let us off at the first stop in the Old Town, usually near the Mar Blau or the Mayna Hotel and get a taxi for about 8 euro to our hotel, still works out cheap and much quicker. A private taxi will be around 75 euro each way or the Alsa Bus might suit, I'm sure others can advise you on that.

Wigan
Level Contributor
377 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Having faced a similar dilemma previously, I can certainly advocate the advice above, especially if faced with the prospect of "losing valuable drinking time"

Just keep your eye open for taxi ranks proximate to each drop off if you do find you are one of the latter alighting.

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

In my experience the later in the day that you arrive, the quicker your transfer will be. There are relatively few flights arriving at 11.30pm so you may find a small minibus waiting for you and a quick getaway.

Most flights are arriving late morning/lunchtime and that's when it can take some time to transfer to Benidorm.

No guarantees of course, but that's just my experience and I've done it many times.

Wigan
Level Contributor
377 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Thanks Gadgie,

Thats very reassuring to hear as we land at 11pm on Wednesday night!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

Have to agree with the-gadgie, have found if you land later in the evening, transfers tend to be much quicker. My personal experience has been around 50 mins from landing to arriving at Hotel. Of course if waiting for hold luggage, can be longer.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,043 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

I would choose benniconnect "speedy" shuttle. It costs £25 return and is a door to door transfer.

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

We arrived on Sunday 13th April at 4pm and had the best transfer ever with Travel Republic. There were only 15 of us on the coach and after dropping a couple off near the Old Town we went straight to the Rincon outside The Dynastic where all the rest of us were getting off. I could not believe how quick it was. I know it is hit and miss but that was the bargain of the century.

9. Re: Solo Transfer - Alicante Airport to Benidorm.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:16