We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new peamen tactic

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
new peamen tactic

just returned from beni saw a new tactic from the peamen that I haven't seen, maybe some one else has? they were at the busy traffic lights outside indoor market, so when little red man shows on lights a crowed soon forms round them giving them easy pickings. As I say haven't seen this tactic before just beware.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
7,928 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new peamen tactic

ye been going on years at those crossings , got to be very careful getting past them ,

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
186 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new peamen tactic

We witnessed the peamen rob an old man on the beach front last month. We were sitting on a terrace and saw them set up and 'their' crowd gathered, which included a few women. An old couple were sucked in and the women physically seperated the couple. I think the wife realised what was happening and tried to get to her husband but the two women kept blocking her way. Then it was over, the 'crowd' scattered and the old man realised his wallet was gone and was distraught. So much so he could have easily had an heart attack. This was the first time I had seen this and it happened so quickly.

I noticed the police patrol along the front in cars but of course the lookouts see them long before they get near. I cannot understand why plain clothes police aren't used. Seems like they have been robbing people for years and nothing is being done about it. What will it take before something is done about them?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new peamen tactic

We saw them operate at the traffic lights at the indoor market every day when we stayed in the Nereo last year! One of the members of the public nearly lynched me when I warned a woman on her own in a wheelchair about their tactics and to avoid them like the plague. You've guessed it, he wasn't a member of the public but part of the gang!

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new peamen tactic

last oct they where in the same spot as you went to go inside the indoor market and outside the pelicanos

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new peamen tactic

yes that seems to be a hotspot for the picpockets, as theres always a crowd jossling to cross there easy pickings.

liverpool
Level Contributor
892 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new peamen tactic

its the authorities, police, ect thats the problem ......

Edited: 30 April 2014, 13:22
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new peamen tactic

You are so right liverpoolblue. When one of the peamen threatened me for warning people off I saw a police car parked just up the road outside Roberts the watch shop. They weren't interested and told me I would have to report it at Alicante! They couldn't have cared less!

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new peamen tactic

Back handers come to mind, when the local police dont care, what hope have the poor victims got. police to busy keeping bars from playing Bingo,and letting kids in.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new peamen tactic

Hi Mitch,

Well they've got to get there priorities right...Lol

Margaurite

liverpool
Level Contributor
892 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new peamen tactic

what happened to the cameras ,,the plain cloths cops ,,,and of course the mayor what a joke ,,,, i saw a few months ago elderly people trying to cross the road at a crossing the police neary ran them down ,,,,so what chance have you got ,,????? the answer is simple get a force of volunteer brits with the power of arrest like they have in Thailand otherwise we will loose beni