We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short trip report

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
short trip report

Just returned from our 5 day break. Will do a quick trip report for anyone who may be interested.

2 girls,24, wanted the nightlife and a nice beach.

Flights: ryan air from manchester. On time going and coming back, a little late landing back in manchester I think due to wind. IMO comfy flights, leg room is fine (I'm a big girl both tall and wide) much better than my recent monarch flight.

Hotel: apartmentos maryciel. Good for what we needed. About a 5 minute stroll to all the main night life. We were give a 2 bedroomed and it was massive. The balcony was lovely. There were a few bits that weren't perfect, wobby toilet seat for example. But my main complaint has to be the mattresses they were horrible and really need replacing. We managed to sleep ok, but they were quite noisy so that may be a problem if your a light sleeper. They did have a swimming pool but it looked quite shaded and we never used it. I would return to these apartments but only for the purpose of a girls holiday.

Food: there's a fab bar right next to the apartments called the terrace bar. The food was gorgeous!!! We ate here for breakfast and dinner each day as it was so nice. I recommend the chicken curry and the roast dinner (served wed and sundays, worth booking if you like to eat in the evening).

Beach: gorgeous as always!!!! A really stunning beach.

Nightlife: we were quite disappointed this year. It was really quiet but I think we must have chose a dodgy week. One thing we noticed is that it was full of men on stag doos (I know state the obvious) but even more so than last year and there were hardly any women!! We did manage to have good nights but there wasnt much of an atmosphere. We went in a few different bars, chaplains was great and although very quiet they had a fantastic singer called Jonathan on. We even bought his cd he was that good. One night we went to watch sticky vicky!!! Well I'm glad I've saw her but once is quite enough haha!!!

We didn't manage to get to the market on the wed as we didn't get up till 11ish. next time I definitely want to go.

We had a great time and will be back next year :) but maybe we will go more may time so its busier. Any questions just ask

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short trip report

Hi Jenna glad you enjoyed yourselves, I know what you mean about the stags and amount of men, I reckon it was 10 stags to a hen this week while we were there.

Not sure if it was this week you were there but i have never seen it so busy on saturday it was heaving everywhere, sunday was also busy but a little quieter but maybe being twice your age almost I don't really frequent the 'square' for the bars the younger ones go to so maybe it was quieter there or later on in the night when I was tucked up in bed....

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short trip report

So were you not there at the weekend? It seems quieter on the weekdays. I've been in March twice and it was packed. Try Thursday to Monday next year. I'm going in two weeks and I've never been in May so I'm hoping it's busy and hot!

peterborough,cambs
Level Contributor
561 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short trip report

Nice reading your report Jenna,you sound like you had a lovely time,can't wait for Wednesday when we go out for a month to the fantastic Venus,we love Benidorm something there for every one

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: short trip report

Glad it was a good break overall Jenna but as you say a bit early for you so missing 'the vibe'.

You could have still made the market, I've seen us go at 12.30 and catch the bargains.

Sorry you 'had the wind' on the way back (flying has that effect on me too!) lol :-)

Jules

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: short trip report

Haha jules!!! Think that kind of wind might have made it go faster!!

Yes defo had a lovely time. Was there mon till today. So we did expect it to be a bit quieter but not as much as it was. We went last april tues till fri and it was really busy so just think it was a dodgy week!

Can't wait to go back next year :)

sunderland
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: short trip report

Middle to the end of May has always been a good time when we've been there going in two weeks but just the two of us as the other 4 have cried off this year but always Thursday through till Monday as it is really busy and it has to be the western bar for the main entertainment "brilliant nights in there" roll on 22nd

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: short trip report

Jenna, you must have picked a quiet week, we landed on the 2 May for a two nighter! and i have got to say that the square and the main bar street area was heaving wall to wall with stag and hen do's as well as the 'ordinary folk'.

Also noticed that the beach bars were all doing a roaring trade on both Saturday and Sunday, much, much busier than when i went in first week of April.

We also flew with Ryanair into Leeds and landed 30 minutes sooner

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
390 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: short trip report

Sorry to hear you found it a bit quieter Jenna, we too didn't make the market. If you read our trip report you'll find we found totally the opposite but then we did do the rounds so to speak, places a little quieter early on in the evenings perhaps but by midnight the places we went to were great, we had so much fun. I actually think we would have found it a bit too much at the weekend with the influx of hags. We appreciated being able to enjoy places without them being mobbed by groups. Glad you enjoyed your hols overall though and wasn't the weather kind to us. Ella

9. Re: short trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm