We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

somerset
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Found these advertised on a Spanish site and at only £60 for a 6 night stay need a look at-can't find any reviews wondered if anyone knows of them?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Is this them?

translate.google.co.uk/translate…

somerset
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Thank you yees thats them! wondered if they are any good

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

zoover.co.uk/spain/…apartment

Just one review on zoover, but it is recent and in English.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Jenny,

Ive googled them,only 3 sites selling them,only gives brief description of them,and no details of any other facilties which probarbly mean there arent any,and only the one review,depends on what you want realy,if just somewhere

to sleep then youll probarbly be fine,but if you expect more then you probarbly better off some where else,even if it costs more,personaly dont think id use them as cant find eneough info on them,but thats me im a bit funny like that

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

This is a copy of the review on the zoover link. £10 per night is not much to pay, so if a bed for the night is all that's required, it will suit.

>>>>30/03/2014 we were concerned as had read the Spanish review but thankfully saw no cockroaches or any other insects!! We had the sea view apartment which has fabulous views of the marina and the whole of the Poniente Beach right to La Cala. The furniture is definitely old - but the beds were comfortable, the place was clean, the bedding was spotless and it was fine for the two of us for a week. There was plenty of hot water - but one downside is the only mirror in the apartment is in the bathroom - ok for 2 of us but not handy if there were 2 couples trying to get ready to go out. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the old town with loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance<<<<

Edited: 05 May 2014, 14:09
somerset
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Thanks everyone for your help - really need to hear from someone who has stayed there! Having said that it's location rather than quality - as long as it's clean - we are four blokes so won't be crazy for a mirror however we are gay so the mirror will def be needed!!

Keep posting if anyone knows more- thanks again!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Says bedlinen was spotless and plenty of hot water, recommends only 2 per apartment. You could always buy a mirror from the Marrakech shop euro bazaar. It wont be 5 star for £10 per night. Looks as if it has a great balcony with wonderful views over the bay.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

La Mar are quite basic apartments and in need if a makeover. That said, they are functional and if you are okay with that you will be fine. They have an iron, TV, microwave, hob and toaster. The marina-side apartments have a balcony with great views across Poniente bay.

somerset
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Thank you Buyurun have you stayed here?-is there really enough room for 4 adults?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartamentos La Mar In The Old Town-anyone?

Yes, I have stayed there. I don't think they are big enough for 4 adults. We stayed at Easter (2 adults and 1 grandson (7)) - which was just comfortable. 4 adults sounds like a squeeze to me. If you are just crashing there it may work for you. I left off the fridge freezer when I listed facilities.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm