We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpharooms hassle

merseyside
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Alpharooms hassle

I booked my hotel, the Sol Pelicanos Ocas in Benidorm, for next week with Alpharooms.

Got an email off them today - due to a "stopsales error" they cannot fulfil my booking which they confirmed over 6 weeks ago and for which I have the paperwork from them.

They gave me two options. Get a full refund, or accept the hotel they offered me which is up a hill and unsuitable as I have walking difficulties.

So I will have to go for the refund and will have all the hassle of trying to book another hotel in time.

Not surprisingly there's not a lot of choice with just 6 days before I fly.

I'm annoyed because Alpharooms have done this to me twice before and I stupidly gave them the benefit of the doubt and booked again with them this time. I wonder just how often they do this to people?

Something to bear in mind as we approach the holiday period - your confirmed hotel booking may turn out to be worthless and leave you scrabbling around trying to book whatever's left!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Sorry how disappointing for you. Try booking direct with hotel group Medplaya.com, or Servigroup.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Oh that's shocking, not fair at all What does stop sales error mean? . I hope they don't do that to us all in January.

Hope you get sorted.

Sue

Edited: 08 May 2014, 20:49
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Was it the Palm Beach hotel they offered you, if it was it's totally unsuitable for someone with walking difficulties.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,895 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Can't you rebook the Pelicanos with another company zaksmum?

Jules

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Look on this link. Try and book direct with solmelia, at this late stage it's the only way you will be sure of getting a room.

melia.com/en/…

merseyside
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Yes it was Palm beach. I've checked solmelia's website and it says there's no availability for those dates now (although there was plenty when we booked)

Alpharooms offered the Riviera but it's £217 more than the Pelicanos.

Can't seem to find any hotels - or even apartments - that would be suitable.

I'm so annoyed with Alpharooms.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alpharooms hassle

That is exactly what alpha rooms did to me but it was 3 days before we went. They didn't offer an alternative and the refund took 4 days which meant we didn't have our money back in time to book . Total disgrace I would never use them again and the attitude of their staff was appauling!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Perhaps you might find availability with these following hotel groups.

http://www.medplaya.com/

http://www.servigroup.com/en/hotels/

http://www.onasol.es/hoteles/

www.hotelesbenidorm.com/hoteles-en-benidorm/

merseyside
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alpharooms hassle

I've heard of others who have had the same trouble with Alpharooms.

A few days before going is a ridiculous time to say the booking no longer exists.

I am waiting for Alpharooms to get back to me today and then will have to go all out to find something else.

Never again Alpharooms!!

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alpharooms hassle

Having worked many years in the travel sector, these things can happen to any company, when they say its on stop sale 99% of the time, there's money outstanding somewhere along the line, could be the 3rd party supplier to the hotel or the agency to the 3rd party.

I do book direct with hotel groups for myself, but this can go wrong, as a few years ago I booked the ruidor direct with med playa and 3 days prior to arriving, they said they had issues, and offered me the Regente as a alternative, which I'm glad they did as we really like it there.

But having any holiday booked and you're looking forward to it, for it to get changed at any stage is gutting.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm