We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decesions to me made need help

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,920 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
decesions to me made need help

I booked with Sunmaster,magic tropicano with easy jet flights ultra all inclusive,this was couple months ago now,got a good deal,received all confirmations etc,they have just phoned and told me that magic group have over booked the tropicano for the dates i am going,i can either go week before,which is no good as time already booked off work,or magic can offer crystal park instead,which ive said no too,as in wrong area and there is 4 of us,me,hubby,two 13 year olds,and i know theyve given twin rooms to party's of 4 that are only suitable for 3,so theyve now offers me levante apartments or the don Jorge on all inclusive or a full refund,so which one guys,don Jorge or levante apts,leaning towards levante apts at moment,but reviews are pretty simular for both,appreciate all your input,I also have a friend who works for jet2 holidays,and she checked the tropicano and it is full for the dates we were going,she also rang magic and they told her it was true they are overbooked for these dates and are transfering bookings out to other hotels in the group,don't get me wrong i know most hotel companies have an overbooking policy but it would seem that magic do it all the time just to fill the hotels in the group that they cant sell to full capacity,so do i choose levante apts or don jorge,all help appreciated,thanks

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: decesions to me made need help

Can not believe the Tropicanna is fully booked. Levante Club is good but you will not get the same benefits as you would have with your other deal.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 10:35
Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,997 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: decesions to me made need help

What a sickener Yorkshiregirl! I'm getting less and less impressed with what I'm hearing about over-booking and shunting people around by the Magic Group. They seem to be determined to keep the Crystal Park full!

I'd opt for Levante Apartments because of location and had hoped they'd kept their promise about it being non stag and hen accomodation. However last reviews suggest it's still being used for groups as is the Don Jorge.

If I'm honest, I'd have chosen Levante Apartments over the Tropicana anyway.

Your other option is getting a refund and looking at an alternative to suit dependent on budget. Sol Pelicanos would be a good alternative (but remember family rooms in Ocas have no balcony). Hope you get sorted.

Jules

Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: decesions to me made need help

What is going on with Benidorm hotels and over bookings. I wonder if its to do with when you pay the agent in full and thats when they confirm the room by then they are all booked?

Edited: 10 May 2014, 10:51
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: decesions to me made need help

Seems as though there are too many agents all booking the same things, perhaps going through third party agents. Just seems like agents are buying rooms from agents, buying rooms from other agents and so it goes on and on.

Perhaps it is also something to do with the recent collapse of a major cheap bed supplier. Perhaps original rooms were booked though that collapsed agent, but those beds have now been bought at a higher price by another agent, with costs far more money than was paid originally. Hope that makes sense.

Think Sunmaster was the agent used by the person from Belfast who had trouble at the Ambassador recently.

Edited: 10 May 2014, 11:08
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: decesions to me made need help

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k73…

Here is the link.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: decesions to me made need help

What a bummer....I hope you get it sorted quickly and don't let it spoil your Benidorm holiday.

I think the recurring problem is that Magic Group are doing this all the time and shunting people about to its other hotels. I for one will definitely cross the Magic Group of the list for all future trips to Benidorm, I have family that stay with them regular but this is just not on and I will be telling them also.

John

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,920 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: decesions to me made need help

Jules

thanks,leaning towards levante,now,only reason booked tropicano orignaly was COs of ultr all inc,and being able to use magic hotels,wish id gone on reviews rather than that COs if i had i would of booked levante orignaly

cheets

Eileen

Ps did u have a good hol

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,920 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: decesions to me made need help

Thanks every one,gonna have a quick look myself,too see if can find anything,never no may be able to get cheaper,and get refund,if not levante with sunmaster it is

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: decesions to me made need help

Might be best to look for accommodation yourself yorkshiregirl and get a refund from Sunmaster. Sunmaster seem to have done the same thing on this link to a hen party.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580303-i10100-k…

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: decesions to me made need help

Hi Yorkshire girl,

Disgraceful! Looks like this practice has been going on for a long time, and will carry on unless the Hotel group, and the travel agents sit up and take notice of their bread/butter!!

Hope you get sorted soon.

Margaurite

Edited: 10 May 2014, 14:24