We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Just back

Just Back from another great week . Stayed at lido hotel at the Levante end right on the beach almost . Fab hol / hotel for amount we paid . Did usual shows and some comedians not seen before . Weather mixed bag . 2 days out of 7 cloudy with some rain till afternoon but not a problem . Did notice a hell of a lot of stags about . While majority seemed to be having fun and just enjoying themselves saw a couple of unsavoury incidents . One while walking down Levante promenade two idiots on mobility scooter worse for drink by the look one sporting a silly orange wig hurtled past me and my partner then about 100 metres further on drove into an old guy out enjoying a walk in the evening sunshine and by the cry of pain he let out obviously hurt the poor guy . Secondly saw a guy near jokers around 8 at night comatose and covered in blood . Not what u want to see on your jollys . Except for that great week just may choose not to visit again in the month of May in the future !!!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back

Funnily enough I commented on the stags on mobility scooters when I was there, what happened to the ban? Is it not in place yet?

Edited: 22 May 2014, 17:32
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,955 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back

I thought it was too CarlisleCumbria? Wouldn't appear so! Makes me really angry actually.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,948 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back

I was amazed at some of the drunks and young people on them too. Everyone seemed to be asking how they were able to hire them and where they got them. One man in a cowboy hat had bought one of those megaphones from the Chinese shop and was riding up and down the street, round and round in circles shouting. Think he must of thought he was on a horse.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back

Diggler,

Sounds like you had a good time,apart from the two incidents,yes everyone who has being there this month has commented on stag and hens,where and how are these idiots getting the mobility scooters from,surly the people their hiring from can see there drunk,like others have said,so much for the ban.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back

Oh Jeny, I know it's serious but had to laugh at your description of the guy with the megaphone lol

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
11,948 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back

WellyBoots. People were stopping and looking in disbelief. He was in one of the side streets which gets less traffic, driving up and down round and round. Waving his arm around as if he was at a rodeo riding a horse, shouting though the megaphone. Perhaps he thought he was still in Champions bar. It did look funny, but he could have caused a nasty accident.

east midlands
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back

They will never ban these idiots

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
350 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back

My mate was laughing at the line of mobility scooters outside a bar last October, there must have been about 10 of them...all there for the bingo...but drunken idiots on them could ruin somebody's holiday and really cause someone a serious injury...i'll get off my soap box now...looking forward to getting back in October :)

9. Re: Just back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm