We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North East England
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

Hi folks, I'm visiting Benidorm with some family and we're staying in Senabre Palais. Please can anyone let me know if there's any hotels nearby that would let us use their pool and loungers?

I expect we'd have to pay for hire of loungers and or drinks which is absolutely fine. My 78 year old Grandma is coming with us and she prefers a pool to the beach.

Many thanks, Nicola x

PS - Does anyone know if the tv series Benidorm is still being filmed? We arrive on Sunday. Thanks.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

According to a few threads I have read, it is ok to use pools/loungers in hotels. Some don't buy drinks so you should be ok. I'm sure others will advise what hotels this can be done with. Have a great time.

John

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

Some hotels charge guests to use the facilities, worth checking beforehand if you have any hotel in mind.

And yes they are currently filming Benidorm, have a look on Twitter and they sometimes tell you where they're filming for the day.

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

If your granma prefers a pool, why didnt you book somewhere that suits.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,373 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

To be honest, where the Senabre Palais is situated, you'll struggle for hotels with decent pool areas in the old town. They're at an absolute premium. The Hotel Marina is in the new town and apparently allows you to use the pool area if you're in the Secret Fountain. But it's a long walk for grandma I'm afraid.

I'm afraid Mitch does have a point here although the apartments are first class.

Jules

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

we are recently back they were filming a lot at the pink house which is just passed Benidorm palace opp side of the road

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,644 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

Don't know of any hotel pools that let none residents use them in the old town,which is where you will be situated,new town the marina hotel lets non residents use the pool as long as they are buying drinks in the secret fountain,Benidorm still being filmed,you've got a long walk for grandma or a taxi ride for the use of a hotel pool,for grandma,and as you knew she prefers a pool the sensible thing would of being to of booked accommodation with a pool,after all that's what others do if they require the use of a pool,have a good hol,and hope you find a pool nearer for grandma.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

As others have said I think the Marina in the new town is now the only hotel which allows this.

A group of friends celebrating a birthday recently returned from holiday in Benidorm. They were staying at the Levante Club hotel and spa, it's a four star A/Inc hotel. Because the group was large in number, it became a right struggle each day to get enough sun beds around the pool. They noticed people not staying at the hotel were coming in from outside and using the facilities of the hotel. They were Not happy at all because they had paid quite a high price to stay in the hotel, so they put in a complaint. Quite rightly so in my opinion. Think from now on the management will need to monitor the misuse of sunbeds as they do in most hotels.

Sorry, I think you will struggle to find anywhere apart from the beach. Hope you have a good holiday.

Edited: 31 May 2014, 10:21
North East England
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

Thanks for the advice folks. The Hotel Marina would be perfect!

Probably should've mentioned that my Grandma is really good for her age and doesn't have any mobility issues so walking to the new town isn't a problem at all. She's fitter than some of the younger ones in the family ha ha. Whilst she prefers a pool, she loves the beach too - as do the rest of us in the party.

Before booking, we looked at a lot of hotels and apartments and the family decided as a whole that the Senabre Palais was the place for us! I was only asking about public use of a pool so if Grandma wanted a day around the pool, the option was there. It's by no means a problem if we can't get access to a pool or else we would've booked a hotel with one.

Great news about that they're still filming Benidorm. Some of us may take a look over at the Pink House in the hope of seeing some of the cast :)

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated xx

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

It's not that far to walk from where you are staying. About 15 minutes, nice walk along the prom. Marina has opened up their pool area now so it will be very popular. Hope it's sunny for you.

North East England
Level Contributor
92 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Pools - Public Use / Benidorm TV series Filming?

That's brill, thanks for that Jeny. We can't wait to go, will be lovely to be out there with the family xx