We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

Hi All,

Just come back from Benidorm. Had booked with intaxis.com for the way there...brilliant service, lovely driver and this it was only about £48 so £12 each!

On the way home we had booked a transfer through Resort Hoppa. In the email confirmation it gave 3 ways to ‘check in’ for your transfer. The first and recommended way was to download the app and enter your booking confirmation number 24 hours before flying.

I did this and was given a time of 7.00am on Sunday. It also said location: Pension La Orozca (which was our hotel)

So anyway......we were sat outside the hotel on a bench 20 minutes before the given time....when it got to 7.20 (clearly the bus wasn’t coming) we called the transfer company ‘emergency out of hours’ line.

The guy I spoke to was literally awful! He told us that we should be getting our transfer from a completely different hotel – Magic Cristal Park I think. Anyhow when I explained that it never said this in the confirmation email nor when we had checked in with the app...the guy replied with ‘dont talk to me like that’ and hung the phone up......I was gob smacked!! Id in no way raised my voice or been ‘cocky’.

So basically we walked up the road and got a cab, this it was 88 euros which we were told was a Sunday fare...but I made a stupid mistake of forgetting to ask for a receipt as we were in a bit of a panic with us now being late.

So firstly, my suggestion is, if you plan on using resort hoppa....maybe don’t go by what the app says! Call up and speak to somebody!! And secondly, does anyone know if we will be reimbursed for the transfer and the taxi?

I’m guessing the taxi is a long shot with me forgetting to ask for a receipt?

Thanks all!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

i always use resort care destination services and visit there office in calle lepanto No 28 never had a problem after a face to face contact, but i doubt without a receipt you will be able to claim your taxi fare

Cumbria
Level Contributor
133 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

Have used resorthoppa loads of times with no problems, they have always notified our hotel 2 days before at the very latest the day before

3. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 19:45
Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

My wife used "Resort Hoppa" for transfers to and from Barcelona Airport to the city,on arrival at the airport she had to wait 2 hours for the transfer,being fobbed off with various excuses,for the return she asked the hotel to telephone to confirm return time (as per their instructions) they told the hotel 1115 hrs ,my wife did some last minute local shopping and upon returning to the hotel was told the bus had turned up at 1015 hrs (for a 1430 hrs flight ?) Even though my wife obtained a signed letter from the hotel confirming this,we have had no satisfaction to date from easyjet or Resort Hoppa

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

My family lost faith in Resorthoppa several years ago due to various mistakes on their part and wanting to pick my Mum up in the middle of the night (5 hours before her flight) and she had to put up with extreme rudeness from staff. Hence we never use them but I have heard that they've improved greatly over the last couple of years and I must say... Well done for coming on here and offering to look in to things. I hope the poster gets a refund for the taxi that they shouldn't have had to get.

Sue

lancs
Level Contributor
545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

So easy for companies to post a message saying," sorry things didn't go to plan" please email us ect... Ect.

It will be interesting to know What if anything they do for the OP.as I have said before the only way to teach these companies that people will not be treated in this matter is to vote with your feet,with regard to the issue of the taxi payment as the transfer company failed in its duty of care to provide the service the OP had paid for,any incidental costs incurred in getting the OP and party to the airport must be met by the transfer company.the fact that time restraints were evident and the published charge for Sunday taxi travel to the airport is €88.00 it is not unreasonable to ask for the said amount,not forgetting the return of the original cost of the transfer.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

I've had a bus transfer not turn up for us too, we phoned the emergency number a few times ,no reply, we gave it an hour then knew it wasn't going to turn up fir us, so we walked to Aven Europa to catch the airport bus,

When I git home I put a complaint into flybus that was the shuttle bus I emailed them 3 times ,not one reply .

That's why I didn't catch a taxi because I knew there was zero chance of getting ourbus money back let alone a €75 taxi journey fare, tthese shuttle company's don't care about the customer one little bit,

cardiff
Level Contributor
447 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

Has Strawberrydaq heard back off Resort Hoppa as this was over 2 weeks ago. As with most transfer companies they contract out and need our complaints or praise to provide a better service. I find as with most bad customer care queries on this site the OP does not feedback good or bad results. There are poor service companies by Hazels example but there are good companies too and feedback helps us all.

9. Re: Resort Hoppa - 'Missed' Transfer Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm