We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting home in an emergency

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting home in an emergency

I'm flying out on the 13th of June. One of my party may need to get home urgently and I want to know what to do in the event of this happening.

I know how to get to the airport via Alicante but understand there's a bus direct from Benidorm. Is that still from the Av Europa?

At the airport is it possible to book a flight at one of the airline desks or does it have to be booked online while in Benidorm?

Thanks in advance.

liverpool
Level Contributor
898 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting home in an emergency

sorry to say this but if theirs a problem at home doent go ,,,sorry

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting home in an emergency

have to agree with liverpoolblue.

unfortunately if youre friend needs to get home urgently they may not be able to get on a flight if they are all booked, it all depends how likely it is that they will need to get home quickly and could they wait a few days if needed bfore being able to get a flight

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting home in an emergency

To (hopefully) answer your question;

There are ticket sales desks at Alicante airport. Only problem might be high costs for things like printing boarding passes. Ryanair charge 70 euros for this, for example.

If time allows, best to book at one of the in-town travel agents and get them to do all the paperwork.

Service bus leaves from Ave Europa, or the bus station just out of town.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,069 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting home in an emergency

If your friend needed to get home really fast there's a good chance he wouldn't get home that day or even the next if the flights are full especially in high season. I also agree with Liverpoolblue on this one, if there's a good chance your friend will have to get home fast in an emergency I wouldn't go if it were me.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting home in an emergency

good advice the gadgie, the friend might be prepared to pay in an emergency after all will loose money anyway cancelling short notice , could go might not need to come home early. how long is a piece of string?

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting home in an emergency

I have done it.

Booked on line in Benidorm, printed tickets, jumped in Taxi to Airport.

Some where like Roundtown would do it for you.

Pointless going to Airport unless you know there is a flight available, although if it's only for 1 person and you don't care which UK airport with a bit of luck it can be done.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting home in an emergency

As others have said yes its possible to book at the airport, Easyjet, Ryanair & jet2 all have desks, but I wouldn't fancy chancing it really and might cause even more stress. As RochdaleMally says Roundtown Office would take care of all this if you didn't fancy the hassle or you could do it yourself at any of the internet shops or at your hotel.

Best Regards - Taggy

Galston, Ayrshire
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting home in an emergency

I think this depends on which airport you need to go to and how many flights there are going in a day. For example I would only have three carriers at best going once per day and you might have missed it by the time you get organised. Some airports have four or five and three flights a day.

Also you are at their mercy on charges. I once had to get a flight from Stanstead to Prestwick and it cost £175 each one way. Imaginge how much more from Alicante.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting home in an emergency

Sorry to sound harsh but depending what the emergency might be....do not go!.....I cancelled my holiday 3 years ago with a week to go.....you can always have a later holiday but you cant undo events back home if you are needed.....

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting home in an emergency

we cancelled few yrs back wasn't Benidorm mother in law died suddenly ended up on a better holiday later date we did loose out some money but got a much better place cheaper id say we got someone else place who had cancelled same as us. .