We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

rotherham
Level Contributor
512 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping

First time to Beni, what are the best buy when shopping

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

kopparburg and astrella red !

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Chippyjunior, I wish this had a like button.

But seriously, cigarettes, wine and spirits are cheaper in Spain if you want to take them home, also you might like a trip around the outdoor market which is on Wednesday & Sunday morning.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

I love the quality of shoes & boots & never go home without buying a pair,(well maybe 2..lol !!)

Spirits from the supermarket are a lot cheaper than the U.k.

Bear in mind the weight though if you plan to buy & put in check - in luggage as our brand only comes in glass bottles,so 2 of our favourite tipple adds @ 6 kilos the the weight allowance although some brands can be bought in plastic bottles.

If you have family with babies or young children the clothes are just lovely & in comparison to what you would pay over here I think they are great value.

Some of the leather goods,handbags,wallets are superb quality,as are the leather jackets.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 16:52
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

There are some great shops in the Old Town which sell clothing and also shops that sell glasswear. There is the ALE HOP shops, bit like TIGER, back here in UK. Hundreds of shoe shops, with footwear starting as cheaply as 1 euro.

rotherham
Level Contributor
512 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

Thank all for your help

Level Contributor
594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

Tiffin what is your favourite tipple and what size of bottle does it come in ?

Tigerti

Level Contributor
594 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping

Tiffin what is your favourite tipple and what size of bottle does it come in ?

Tigerti

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping

When I was in Lanzarote the other week, I found that the pandora charms (genuine from a proper jewelers) were cheaper than in the UK. They were around the same in euros as what they charge in Stirling here.

Not sure if it's the same in mainland Spain but might be worth a look if youre in to that kind of thing.

I bought an airplane pandora charm for €25.

As said, the spirits in Benidorm are pretty cheap and I'm not sure which tipple Tiffin is referring to but i've found most of the known brands in plastic bottles in and around resort. Sometimes they can be slightly more expensive but not much. You'd think it'd be cheaper in the plastic bottles but I think they cash in on the fact that they are more sought after.

Sue :-)

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping

Havana club Especial (the gold lable).

It's usually @ 14 euros for a litre & considering we pay over £20 for a 70cl bottle here it's a steal.

We have never found it in a plastic bottle unfortunately,so it's wrap it up in the centre of the suitcase in t- shirts & hope for the best.

They do sell Havana at the airport,but only the 7 year old,& the only place we've found it in last 3 or 4 years anywhere in Europe is Gibraltar duty free.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping

Shoes are a great buy, there is a good shop in the "walking street" of the old town called Marypaz great selection and good prices and above all great quality. Tiffin above gives good advice about havana, but you can get havana 7 also in the Wine barrel shops (cheaper than uk prices)