We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

text messaging

Wolverhampton...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
text messaging

my friend is going to benadorm will still be able to text each other.......please help

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: text messaging

Yes, assuming that roaming is enable by the network operator, don't forget though that each text sent from abroad is chargable, approx 6p these days but you can still run up a sizeable bill if your not careful

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: text messaging

Depending on your friends contract they might need to tell the carrier that they want to use the phone in Spain, my son is out here now and his is with the 3 network and it isn't working for the type of contract he has.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: text messaging

Might be worth getting viber if she's going to be getting a lot of wi fi it'll be free and she can also ring you free too as long as you both have internet.

My daughter has gone to Turkey for 2 weeks today and that's what we're going to do.

A friend of mines Daughter is living in Hong Kong and she recommended it, she said it's a great way of keeping in touch without running up a big bill.

Only snag is.... You'll both need an I phone I believe, forgot about that bit :-(

Sue :-)

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: text messaging

If you've both got an iphone then use FaceTime video calling or FaceTime audio if you don't want video, no need for Viber. If you happen to be on O2 and have a smartphone then use the Tu Go app which let's you send and receive texts and make and receive calls over wifi and it just comes from your uk allowance, no charges. Can also use whatsapp to send message, can use facebook messenger to send messages and make voice calls, no real need to run up bills these days, plenty of options out there to keep in touch over wifi.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 18:02
Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: text messaging

Can you message though on there too?

I always think of FaceTime been video and didn't really want to always see each other but if it has just audio too then I suppose we could have done that Alleycat. Maybe next time.... Cheers

Rochdale,UK
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: text messaging

Depending on which networks your both on most do decent deals for roaming now. I'm on EE and got an add on of £2 a day for unlimited texts and calls, you only get charged if you use your phone on any day. I saved a fortune with my bill only being £16 more than usual.

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: text messaging

Oh for goodness sake!

Even Alleykat's entered into this one

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,130 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: text messaging

Yes you can text,it will cost tho,my sons 18,and no longer comes on holiday with us,we use what's app and Facebook and twitter to keep in touch,mainly,but like tony in on ee and also use the add one for text and calls and data,and it does save me money compared to what it would cost me if i didn't have them

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: text messaging

Callosapete, even Alleykats entered into this one, what's that supposed to mean then?

Callosa D.En Sarria
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: text messaging

This is 2014 alleykat, I just don't believe a 1st post like that !

Sorry if have upset you, but strange things are happening on here.