We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Hi,been wanting to ask this for ages but found the bottle to do so as not much time left,fly out to Benni on thursday for a month and booked a private apartment,i dont know if its because its nearly time to go or just last min nerves,iv never travelled alone before and wondering if anyone who has done this before can give some feedback on there experiances,iv travelled a lot first with the army and then as holidays and always been around people,went beni last year for for the first time for 3 weeks and loved it flew back out for a fortnight 2 weeks later,iv compared it to to the caribbean,south america,africa and the rest of europe but benidorm is defintly top of the list to where i want a holiday,iv always gone all inclusive so this is a first also having to do my own shopping ( even at home i do it all online lol ),just want to know are the pubs,resaturants e.t.c welcoming to people on there own,whats it like doing the shopping are the staff helpful ( dont want to mis read labels and buy turps instead of vineger ) and although went most places last year ( terra mitcha,mundomar e.t.c ) i would like to go to the other local places and where would be best places to book these,,any input would be great or any places people can think off worth going along to,many thanks

belfast
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Book your trips with roundtown news on calla gerona.

Amesbury, England...
Level Contributor
523 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

I travel on my own to Benidorm. I would never book a s/c apartment, much better going h/b or f/b in a decent hotel, depending on how much you want to eat. Just came here for a week, single room at Venus, B and B 410 euros, H/B 425 euros and F/B 440 euros. This was a late booking so could have got it cheaper if booking earlier. To me it is a no brainer, always take the F/B option, you may miss a meal or two but you always have a decent time slot to eat as much as you want. Could not be bothered with buying and cooking food in Beni, even on S/C there is so much value for money, but as single occupancy in an apartment, you are probably paying too much for your holiday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Thanks for replys,Apartment was 1000 euro for the month,was looking at hotels at first kept getting daft prices for single supplement and fancied a change from hotels,agree on the not cooking and shopping part so will prob just stack up on cold drinks and some nibbles and eat out most of the time,just going through the reviews now trying pick out some good places to eat

Lancashire
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Which apartments are you staying at Chris? We've been to Beni for a month and ate out most of the time it's not worth cooking and buying in for the odd lunch.

Rochdale,UK
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

You will be fine Chris, there's always someone to have a conversation with in the bars, make one nearest to your apartment your local and you've cracked it. Shopping wise it's pretty much the same as home if you use a consum or Carrefour type supermarket. Just get yourself out there and enjoy it.

Lochgelly, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

assuming you re a man u fan you will be made very welcome in the stretford end bar

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

its a private rental in the Torre D´Oboe on the road Calle Lérida,really nice on 25th floor sea view pool jacuzie and close to everything,found it by accident when kept getting silly prices and started looking at spanish estate agent websites and found it in a private section,was bit wary at first but pay on arrival and the owner is always in contact for a chat via email/phone and on facebook as well,will defently call into the stretford whildt there didnt make it last time

Merseyside
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Good advice Chris,about finding ur local..I stayed long term and had a local ,to just feel safe and welcome is nice, by the way you don't have to be a Man U supporter either for the Stretford,I'm a Liverpool fan and it's my fave holiday bar...Linda.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

Hi Linda ,will find a local and am a Liverpool fan as well,just moved Manchester when younger so use to drinking with Mancunians lol

chesterfield
Level Contributor
628 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bit of advice on travelling on my own

wooky hollow 2 just round corner from you,, also titanic bar close by,,

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm