We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Due to go to Sol Pelicanos soon. Getting worried reading about all the theft going on in the rooms. I've even read items going missing from the safes. Any recommendation on this topic would be very helpful. Do we rent a room safe or 1 in reception next to security cameras?

Thanks

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Ive been twice never had a problem always had a safe in the room i was there end of may but after reading the reviews Im concerned as i have booked for Oct

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

I didn't know that you could hire a safe behind reception at the Pelicanos, you learn something new every day on here!

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

I cant say that ive seen these safes behind the reception area myself

Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Thanks for your replies. I'll definety be getting a safe and carry the key at all times. Just worried reading a post that even things in the safe aren't safe!! Sounds like room cleaners are at fault

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Has anybody actually seen all these safes behind reception because in all honesty I don't think there can possibly be. There wouldn't be nearly enough room. If I'm wrong many apologies in advance!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

There's no safes in reception at Pelicanos, only in rooms,

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Best to read all of the reviews and see what some guests say.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187525-d2315…

“Decent hotel but item STOLEN and nothing done! BEWARE”

3 of 5 starsReviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 10 nights on half board basis, booked superior room but it was tiny and light fitting hanging from ceiling and no pool view as I requested! Food was lovely apart from once my husband had raw chicken it was dealt with in a professional manner. Amazing pool stayed in ocas building in room 226 but always used Pelicanos pool which is lovely. Entertainment was fantastic but kids club a shame if your kids under 5 they can't join in. Very central to everything, but on our last day discovered my handbag had gone missing from a drawer and searched everywhere but to no avail! Reported to reception and a man and woman came to the room had a look and stated that we couldn't of shut the door as the maids can't touch anything in the rooms? I was just lucky that I had nothing in it as everything was in a safe downstairs next to reception. I believe strongly that the maids had taken it when in cleaning but the hotel took no responsibility and tried to blame us. This put a damper on our last day even though it was nothing of value, it's the fact a personal item was taken from our room and left us feeling very vulnerable! I advise EVERYONE staying here to request a safe at reception as there's cameras there so any theft can't get pushed under the rug so to speak. It's not safe even using the safe in rooms as there's been so much thefts from them also. I think security needs tightening up and all maids reprimanded and soon as there's a theft to actually have it dealt with in a professional manner and not try push blame on guests as those doors lock soon as they shut so there's NO WAY that anyone without a key can enter!!!!! BEWARE AS THEFT SEEMS TO BE A MASSIVE ISSUE IN THIS HOTEL AND THEY WONT HELP RESOLVE ANY ISSUES BUT BLAME YOU THE GUESTS!!

Take note pelicanos ocas ..... Your going to lose many of your guests if you don't sort this out! It's disgusting and nothing worse than thieves.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for any chance of a view and get a safe at reception due to much theft happenin...

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

It must have been the Hotels own safe then Jeny, there's defo not rows of them, not that I've seen anyway,

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Thanks for that Hazel, I didn't see how there could possibly be!

Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Was so looking forward to this holiday but not so sure now. I've read some good reviews of the hotel but the theft of personal belongings could put me off before I actually get there

Edited: 16 July 2014, 11:07
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm