We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Benidorm and need some advice

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Benidorm and need some advice

Hi

I’ve got a special birthday (40) coming up in March and planning a long weekend with some girl friends to help celebrate.

Never been to Benidorm before so hoping for some advice from the experts!

1 – How busy will it be in early March? We’re not into clubbing or anything but enjoy a few cocktails in a lively bar with music and maybe a bit of a dance

2 – When choosing a hotel – what areas are going to be best in terms of being walkable to the lively areas?

3 – We’re pretty relaxed about food but will probably have one special meal to mark the occasion – any recommendations for somewhere where we could get a memorable meal?

Thanks in advance.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
12,114 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

In March the Orange hotel, Flash hotel or Riudor hotel would all be ideal.

sthelens
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

it is quieter early March with some clubs closed until just before Easter but still plenty to do and weekends are busier (cafe benidorm is always open), hotels such Venus, Preidente and Helios are close to lively areas, the Clay Oven is very good if you like Indian food

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

Never been in March so can't comment about the livliness of the resort, although many people do go then and have a good time, I believe it all starts picking up again after the post-Christmas lull in March.

With regards to area personally I would look at the area around Calle Gerona/Av de Europa, which is where the majority of the nightlife is. Having lazy friends that don't like to walk too far for anything when on holibobs, I try and ensure that my hotel is no further up than Calle Ibiza, Las Torres on Montecarlo is the furthest right I'd go (and up one heck of a hill) and to the left try not to go too far into Old Town or it's a definite walk/taxi to the main nightlife. Vina Del Mar apartments are in a good position, as is Ruidor, Sol Pelicanos, Ambassador, Flash, Marina, El Trebol, Perla.

Having said that there are some lovely lovely restaurants in the Old Town and it's definitely worth a visit at least one night for dinner. Amigos is lovely and Tapas alley is a great place to visit, near to Queens (great if you like a good drag act)

Southshields
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

Be careful mind you, Cheltenham week starts the 9th of march and it'll be teaming with blokes, I know there's a bus goes from our club.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

Hi! I've never been in March, so cant comment on that. As far as areas and hotels are concerned my recommendation is The Hotel Presidente. Its in the new town, but not right in the thick of it, so you still get a good nights sleep, especially if you have a pool view room. Its close to shops, bars and is less than 5 mins walk to the beach. Its extremely clean, good value, has amazing food and a lovely pool. In my opinion, its the best hotel in Benidorm and my family and I return year after year and cant wait to be back there in 4 weeks!! The Grill House is my favourite restaurant, again its in the new town, a couple of mins walk from The Hotel Presidente. Its BBQ style food, ribs, chicken, etc. Amazing food, good value and has a party atmosphere, lots of fun! I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday to Benidorm, it has something for everyone! x

West Yorks
Level Contributor
625 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

As GeordieBobby says, Cheltenham week is packed. The week after has St Patricks Day on the 17 th, which is great fun and very poplar. It's a great time to visit, warmer than at home, but you can get rain too. Pack for every season!

cardiff
Level Contributor
435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

The Marina Hotel is very good right in the middle and have some really good bars. It is close to Cafe Benidorm and Sinatras. March is no to crowded but enough going on. For that special meal head towards the Old town plenty of nice restaurants or The gala meal in the Madiero Centro is good

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

I went with the girls for my 40th, blimey 6 years ago. It has been a tradition every year since, you'll have a ball!!!

Durham
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

Snap LOL my 40th end of March/early April) this year booked five days but already booked April next year for a week(friends 40th).

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Benidorm and need some advice

perla always gets good write ups bed and breakfast its near to the square I haven't stayed there but it gets good reports

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm