We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Pelicanos Hotel

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Pelicanos Hotel

Hi

Please forgive if this has been asked before- I have been looking, but cant see.

Are non-residents allowed to wander in to the hotel pool area to see it (Benidorm fans), or do you have to be guests?

Also, how far is Benidorm Palace from the old town - is it walkable?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm Palace
Benidorm Palace
2,473 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

Old Town to Benidorm palace is walkable but will take 30-40 minutes as its a good walk. a taxi will only cost about €9.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm Old Town
Benidorm Old Town
9,307 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
Benidorm Palace
Benidorm Palace
2,473 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

I have just returned from this hotel from when the pool opens there is a staff member asking everyone there room number and checks it against his list as to the name to the room if you do not match your name to the room he denies you access

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

When i was staying there in may we was talking to a couple they were having a drink the oscas outdoor bar and just come in to look around

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

Woldy is correct, the Pelicanos have started checking that it's only residents using the pool area and you're not allowed in if not staying there!

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

I'm just back from Benidorm last week and myself and my son visited this hotel, we were staying in another hotel, no one asked us our room number or if we were residents of the hotel, we stayed for a couple of hours, got a sunbed and my son went in the swimming pool.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

My daughter and family brought my good wife and I into visit ,yes there is a member of staff waiting and checking for room keys but there was no problem once these were shown,I don't think anyone off the street can wander around unless your timing is good and there is no staff at the stairs...lol

Best wishes,Mike

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

thank you all! :-)

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

Hi im just back Tuesday afternoon ..A went into pelicanos took granddaughter to mini disco and kids entertainment at nite nothing was asked ..mazza

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

We had a wander in last year and nobody stopped us or said a word x

Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Pelicanos Hotel

We went last Sept and had a walk around and used the pool for an hour without being asked.