We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottish newspapers

scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scottish newspapers

Hi we are at the perla in two weeks. Wheres the nearest place for a Scottish daily record? I've also seen advice to ask for a room no ending in 02 for a corner balcony. Does any one know if they are pool rooms as we have paid extra for this ?

Scotland
Level Contributor
672 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottish newspapers

Hi Midge, papers are widely available, I'm sure their will

be a place near by to get a paper.

I will be also staying in the perla but don't arrive till 29th Aug.

Not sure about the corner rooms, I booked direct with the hotel to get a pool view room as these are ment to be quieter.

Stephen

Edited: 10 August 2014, 22:20
scotland
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottish newspapers

yeah we did that too. Hopefully we'll find one as he likes a read with his breakfast lol

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottish newspapers

We found it very hard to find a shop that sold the Daily Record in July. We stayed at the Don Pancho and looked around shops in that area. Hopefully, you will be luckier than us!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Don Pancho
Hotel Don Pancho
2,047 Reviews
Benidorm, Spain
east lothian
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottish newspapers

Cant remember about daily record but hubbie always gets the sun at wee shop opposite the marina or big shop down from uncle peds on the corner.but a think ur asking for paper rather than location ???

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottish newspapers

the Sun is printed in Spain , doubt that Scottish paper is , so may be harder to find and probably a day late as all the brit papers used to be before they started printing them in spain ,

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottish newspapers

Saw the daily record on a shop in Rincon a newspaper shop beside the Music Tavern,across from the Regente Hotel,

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Scottish newspapers

used to get daily record easily in most shops but I was there in june could not see record anywhere u could get sun but was English version so nothing on Scottish football so no good for me lol

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scottish newspapers

Only saw English versions of sun and they expensive

fife
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scottish newspapers

Download Daily Record app onto my IPad when going on holiday. It is £10 for 4 weeks and get Sunday Mail as well. Much cheaper than buying newspapers abroad. It is always difficult to get Scottish papers abroad, even more so since they get printed abroad.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scottish newspapers

we couldnt find anywhere with a daily record when we were there both in may and in july. you will only get an english sun , not the scottish version, and if you go online to get the sun--you have to join the sun+ perks website. you will get the main headlines and sport headlines on the daily record website, and its free. hope this helps