We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Braiding

HUYTON
Level Contributor
328 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Hair Braiding

Less than 3 weeks to our jolidays and my little blonde princess has decided that, she would like to get her locks braided. But for the life of me, I cant recall seeing the African ladies doing it in Benidorm. I hope im wrong, does anybody know if the ladies are in beni braiding hair and any idea of the cost? Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair Braiding

Africans do it here. Apart from looking ugly, it is a strain on the hair follicles and if left like that too long, can cause bald spots.

manchester
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair Braiding

Pretty sure there is a woman in the indoor market near the sweet stall that does it.

uk
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair Braiding

Yes I agree with the last poster. Hair braiding can be very damaging if done too tight, which happens frequently. Trust me It caused damage to my hair and most of the black women in my family. However that was constant hair braiding. Ive always refused this request by my step daughters when we've been on holiday for this reason. The trouble is its done tight so it can last, but its that tightness that damages.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair Braiding

Hola just got back yesterday and there is lots of woman doing hair braiding but did'nt see the price xxx

HUYTON
Level Contributor
328 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair Braiding

Wow, I had no idea. last year in salou she got 1 braid put in and it wasn't a problem. Thanks for all your advice.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair Braiding

Theres a place down past why not bar and joke shop who do it price a don't know ..My granddaughter got 1 braid done in a place nxt to Ale -Hop shop it was 10 euro for 1 after 30 minutes she wanted it out ..mazza

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair Braiding

Plenty of people moaning that they had got lice after having their hair braided a few years ago, no sterilizing of combs etc at the side of the street.

HUYTON
Level Contributor
328 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair Braiding

Sadly It looks like she wont be getting her braided. its interesting all the pitfalls and problems that can arise from such a simple thing.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hair Braiding

My Daughter always used to get her hair braided when she was younger by the Black lady in a shoe shop at the indoor market and it never did get any harm.

Sue

Edited: 17 August 2014, 16:24
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hair Braiding

My daughter gets her half braid €5 at the indoor market