We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Which Benidorm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Hi folks

Due to various circumstances I have yet to book my September trip to Beni.

There is still availability with most of the main travel companies but can anyone tell me of their experiences with booking through Teletext Holidays.

There seems to be quite a lot of holidays available there at reasonable prices but are they too good to be true, or indeed do they really exist? They do say that transfers and luggage might be extra which is fair enough. Looking at Edinburgh or Glasgow departure.

There is just a number to phone and very little other detail, not even a flight time. I have heard of independent agents putting together packages with budget airline flights and arranging hotels and transfers directly. Anyone got experience of this?

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

cardiff
Level Contributor
435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Teletext holidays used to be different travel firms putting their deals on teletext. A lot were lowcostholidays.

Not sure if it is still the same set up, but the phone numbers were different for the various agents and usually the price is not live. Hope this helps.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 21:11
stirling, scotland
Level Contributor
905 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Remember there is baggage, transfers and insurance on top of the advertised price. Pay by credit card, if possible, for added protection. Ask if there is an admin fee, you will probably find the total price is higher than the advertised one but may well still be cheaper than the 'big names', hope this helps

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Incidentally, where there is credit card fee that you want to avoid it is worthwhile paying just £1 by CC and the rest by debit. This avoids the fee (except for the £1) but you get the full protection (on the full amount - not just the £1) of section 75 of the consumer credit act. I often do this on big spends.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

We used to book on tele text but we always found there were a lot of extras to pay for! We have never booked a Benidorm holiday with them, and indeed its been quite a while since we booked anything this way.......nowadays we just book well in advance with Thomsons online, you can get the same deals in Thomsons shops but they always seem to find a extra ten or twenty pounds extra for something....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,661 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Gadgie,my parents use to use them years ago,but not done so for a while now,but they were allways,ok and cheaper than the high st,id just be careful,does it say the name of the agent with the telephone number if so see if any reviews on them,and remeber if they turn out to be low cost holidays they are no longer ABTA bonded with them moveing there offices to Spain,so id be carefull there as well.

Eileen

Huntly, United...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Some interesting replies, thanks.

Didn't know about the part payment by CC actually covers you for the full amount.

I think some of the holidays offered are indeed with Lowcostholidays.

What I'm looking for is someone to say, "yes, I booked from Teletext and all was well".

Thanks again.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

Hi the-gadgie

Never used Teletext myself. Some info here but couple years old. Maybe you could PM someone who has used.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187525-i191-k53…

Margaurite

Edited: 18 August 2014, 11:50
merseyside
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

We used to book with Teletext a few years ago. Had a few problems like the agent on the phone being unable to find the particular holiday you were interested in and trying to sell you a different one for twice the price.

And of course you need to make sure before you call which airport the flight is going from and how many occupants it's based on.

We now just tend to book a Ryanair flight first, although they have becoe quite pricey now, then book the accommodation from Travel Republic.

We used to use Alpharooms but they repeatedly let me down a couple of days before the flight by announcing the hotel I'd booked was now unavailable, so I'd have all the hassle of trying so sort out another one at such short notice. Never use them now.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

I always DIY. Book the flight direct with airline and accommodation direct with hotel. Never had any problem and should there be one, I deal direct and not through a third party. I also know if I have added luggage etc.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,072 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to book your Benidorm holiday

The problem with DIY is that you're not properly covered and have no ATOL certificate. For example when we had the ash cloud fiasco people with package deals were put up in other hotels until flights became available. Some were even upgraded to all inclusive. People that had booked direct with the airline and separate accommodation had to fork out for new hotels themselves then claim back on their insurance.

I've looked at booking independently and for me, flying from Scotland it costs more than doing the package. I also do like the protection that a package holiday gives. I don't have a credit card so wouldn't be covered that way either.

Each to their own though and what's good for one person, isn't for another.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm