We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Mayo
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Anyone ever heard of edificio edimar apartments benidorm. I have an offer to stay in these next Friday for 700 yo yo. I can't find much on the web about them. Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

If you want my Advice not spend your hard earned cash booking this apartment with Antonio Martinez. I booked a holiday with him for June 2015 but due to an unforeseen circumstance I had to cancel. I had paid in full as Mr Martinez needed money to pay school fees. I gave over 9 months notice of my cancelation, but Mr Martinez refuses to refund me my 400 Euros although he promised I would have it back in September, then October, it is now November & still no money. This is the full truth, so please don't be conned by this man & this Apartment.

Edited: 05 November 2014, 23:13
belfast
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Julie that's shocking.

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Hi, yes it is shocking & he does not even reply to my E-Mails. Can you please let other people know about this Man. Thank you so much & for your reply.

Julie.

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

I've never ever heard of an owner/agent giving an explanation as to what your rental payment will fund.

As for paying in full,then I'm afraid this is something that you should have taken into consideration when booking,in case anything untoward happened & the fact that the agent/owner asked for full payment should have set alarm bells ringing.

The usual is a part payment/deposit then the balance usually 6 to 8 weeks before arrival.

Some even allow payment on arrival.

Most owners/agents have specific deposit amounts & cancellation payments,usually in percentages as arrival date draws closer,so if he demanded full payment I would have just simply booked somewhere else.

Lesson learned I guess.

Edited: 06 November 2014, 20:53
Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Yes it is a well learned lesson. The fact I sent the full was money Antonio Martinez asked because he needed to pay school fees. As I have said I gave more that 9 months & have enquired with a solicitor I have given more than ample time for cancelation. So I do expect to get my 400 Euros back. I wanted to make people aware of Antonio Martinez.

Thank you for your reply.

Julie.

Standish, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Hi

I have had dealings with this man, via Homeaway.com,I booked this apartment for a girly trip in May 2015, we were having difficulty getting an apartment for only 3 nights and he said no problem, I sent him a deposit of 200 euros by PAYPAL, which has been the normal deposit whenever I have booked an apartment in Benidorm over the years! I received an email from Homeaway.com on the 21st August saying don't send any further payment to the owner as the listing had been removed from there website, I immediately emailed Antonio of my concern and he replied back with an excuse Saying " apartment is available but fully booked for August". Received email on 2nd December asking me to pay the full balance or they would have to cancel my booking and refund me my deposit. I rang Homeaway.com in London and was transferred to there security dept in Spain who informed me that the company "holidays aboard" aka Antonio Martinez, had gone into administration!!!!! I emailed back to Antonio saying I was not prepared to pay more money and wished for my deposit to be refunded and was informed my money would be refunded in January 2015, I have now raised this as a dispute with Paypal and Antonio has until the 12th of December to reply to them, he has reply to me via email saying " Paypal have confirmed refund will be done this month" It is in Paypal hands now.

This scam has been on "watch dog " in the UK but i didn't see it. These people take over the holiday rentals listing some how and the true owners don't have any idea of it, until something like this happens.

Don't send any money, without first speaking to the owner and getting an address, this is what I have been told.

Will let you know how I get on but I doubt very much indeed of getting a refund from these scammers.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Bettyboo, if you booked for 3 days and paid €200 deposit, I'm curious to know how much he was charging in total for the apartment? Sounds very expensive to me .

Sue :-)

cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Settanta, how long was you going to stay for 700€, a month or 2. I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. You can find a hotel A/I for that.

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Hi, thank you for writing, It is now December & I still have not received any money back from Antonio Martinez. I was supposed to get my money back in September, then it was October, I have E-Mailed him so many times & have not had any answer back from him. I don't expect to get my money now so I wish you the best of luck in getting your money.

Kind Regards,

Julie.

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know anything about edificio edimar apartmen benidorm

Hi, I was conned out of 400 Euro, I was going to this Apartment for a week in June 2015 & the price is 450 Euro for the week. I had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances & Antonio Martinez said he would refund me my money In September then he said October, it is now December & I still have not received any money nor is he answering any of my E-Mails.

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm