We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My twobobs worth.

Blackpool, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
My twobobs worth.

I have posted several times re Benidorm, but forgot my log in details, so new nom de plume. I have been to Beni 20 odd times, many times alone, as my time off is usually out of season. This time went to meet up with 14 friends from Aviemore on a mature double stag do. I went at last minute, 15th Aug for 5 nights, them the week 13th Aug. I flew from Blackpool at 7am, my home town, for £68, good flight, full, early, had a transfer booked but arrived in time for service bus at 11am, Much quicker, jumped in cab to Regente, had double room, full board for myself for £240 which was a bargain this time of year, though had one breakfast., Friends all in Dynastic, 3 to a room on all inclusive, over £500 a head with flights from Glasgow, they drank very little of the booze there, I had one or two with them, even soft drinks poor quality, spirits and beer same.

Only one one of the group had been to Beni before, so it was an eyeopener to the rest. Weather great, go karting, golf all done, days in Gallogate having a bet and the best steak pie dinner on the planet. Kopenburg was the drink of choice, ice cold. Nights were all over the place, We were welcome everywhere as no slackers on the booze, one man and the kitty, 14 drinks varied widely from 28 euros in Gallogate / Union Jack to 47 euros in Jokers and inbetween. Had good rocking night watching the Jack (AC/DC), and Western Saloon was always highlight very late at night on way back to hotel, Cabatu Bros brilliant along with other acts.

Tony Scott / Abi Senior on holiday, but plenty of others to give us a laugh. Seen no trouble or rip offs, plenty of street barkers, but we just said we would be in later, no hassle. Never back at hotel until after 4am, and always something cheap to eat, We have agreed to all come back in March. With me sorting out apartments and flights, already half the price and bit of space for us.

Bit of a con 3 blokes to a room in Dynastic, I had all British telly channels and sky sports in my hotel, they had nothing. But Benidorm did not disappoint. Re my flight home to Manchester, easyjet 2 hrs late, no explanation, nothing, missed mt advance train home, so had to pay full wack, which put wee damper on it, Easyjet never again, twice now late with them.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 13:56
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
512 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My twobobs worth.

Good report thanks, We are going in October staying at the Dynastic all inclusive, got a good deal on it tho so looking forward to it.

Twice when we have flown back to Manchester our flight home has been delayed by about 3 hours but have never had to pay for another train ticket. We were told both times that they give you a 4 hour leeway for delayed flights.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My twobobs worth.

Good report,shame your flight was delayed,were here now,our flight was delayed last Tuesday for hour and half got on plane and noticed one of tyres flat at front so changed it with us on plane.lol.that was easy jet too but to be fare we fly with them 2/3 times a year and being useing them for 7 years and that's the first delay of sorts we've ever had with them.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My twobobs worth.

Enjoyed reading your report Kisma...quote... We were welcome everywhere as no slackers on the booze, one man and the kitty, 14 drinks varied widely from 28 euros in Gallogate / Union Jack to 47 euros in Jokers and inbetween...huge price difference on the drinks all the same...

Best wishes,Mike

4. Re: My twobobs worth.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm