We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying a cafe/ restaurant.. good or bad idea? help

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
buying a cafe/ restaurant.. good or bad idea? help

hello can anyone who maybe owns a cafe or restaurant in benidorm tell me their experiences on if its a good idea? to give a bit of background me and the missus have been to benidorm for a weeks holiday for the last 2years and loved it and as neither have great jobs in uk and carling has kicked in we are now thinking of trying this but on my time in beni have noticed lots of quiet bars etc so thinking its gonna be hard work with no experince but have an idea of a theme with a difference to try out.. so what do you think? any info would be great thanks.

manchester uk
Level Contributor
550 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying a cafe/ restaurant.. good or bad idea? help

Hi Bobsmiler

I would say go for it My mate has been out in Benidorm now for three years and he is doing OK keep it small to begin with not much outlay then see if you acclimatise if you do good luck . If you don't try it you may regret it all your life's but please make it a joint decision between yourself and your partner. Both of you must be willing to pull together and try to make it work.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buying a cafe/ restaurant.. good or bad idea? help

Somebody else posed a similar question under the heading "Favourite food in Benidorm" it is midway down page 3 of this forum at the moment, have a look at the replies on there. Please DON'T forget there is a vast difference between a weeks holiday and living there trying to earn a living. The remark about the Carling indicates to me that you have not thought this through, it will be nothing like a holiday.

dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buying a cafe/ restaurant.. good or bad idea? help

thanks loki good positive start.. any idea of cash outlay involved in your mates place? have looked into certain websites and know places can vary from 40,ooo to silly money, just want to make a living as i'm realistic enough to know i wont become a rich man out there. its just the thought of living in a nicer climate with a good nightlife on the doorstep is tempting me

4. Re: buying a cafe/ restaurant.. good or bad idea? help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2006, 21:29
Get answers to your questions about Benidorm